Also to add to the confusion, lol, they removed three rides from the lightning lane individual selections. They are Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After and Mickey's Runaway Railway. You can no longer get individual lightning lanes for those three. They are Genie+ only.

I was there a few weeks ago and tinkered with the new systems. My experience and thoughts on it was Genie is about useless. It makes illogical suggestions that are nothing like how I would normally approach the park. I didn't care for it. Genie+ would select "fastpasses (don't really know what to call them now) that I did not care for. Individual Lightning Lane availability was gone on anything I would remotely consider paying the $15 per person. Then to top it all off, you pay for Genie+ or Lightning Lane and they are giving so many out for the popular rides, you still end up waiting in line for 20 and possibly 30 minutes if the parks are really busy like they were when I was there. So in my experience they have found a way to mess it all up more than it already was and on top of that charge for it. Why can they not understand that we do not want to look at our phones constantly while at the parks or pay to play after already paying a premium to be there? We left there and went to Universal and our resort there included their Express Pass and you simply just scan your room key/ ticket card and walk right in the Express Pass lanes. So simple, so easy, no stress, no planning, no staring at the phone or fighting a buggy poorly designed app. I don't know that the people that make the decisions at Disney World will ever get this figured out and quit burdening their guests.