Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
The one that concerns me is the "code of conduct" where dogs must be quiet when left unattended in the room. That's all fine, but how will they enforce it? If a family is out at a park until midnight and the dog is barking in the room - it's not the owner's problem at that point. It becomes a problem for the people in the adjoining rooms. We had a situation like this last year at AKL, where they allow service dogs to stay with the family. I have no issue with service dogs - those who really are service dogs. This "service" dog was left behind alone in the room next to us and just whined and barked for hours until after midnight. We called the front desk and security came, and they said they couldn't do anything - they wouldn't knock and they certainly weren't allowed to go into the room. Again, service dogs do a lot of great things. But if the dog was a service dog, why wasn't the dog with the family member it was assisting?

Not a big fan of this new policy, but it was only a matter of time. Seems to me Disney should build a new PLUTO Resort, and make that the pet-friendly on-site place for families who travel with pets.....
I love the idea of a Pluto resort. Maybe this test is to see if there is enough interest before they spent all the money on a new resort. They could have the kennel incorporated with it.

Personally, I wouldn't take my dog to a strange place and leave them alone in a room all day and night. Why even bring your dog if that is what you are going to do?

The service dogs I have seen in the hospitals are very well behaved. They don't bark. They very rarely need to be taken out to the bathroom. They don't leave their owner's side. I have seen some that don't even get a drink unless their service dog outfit is taken off. Maybe the one that was barking in the room was a service dog in training.