Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
We have stayed at POR several times and never had an experience with dirty musty rooms. I do know they went through a refurbishment since our last stay there in 2010. We will be there this November and can't wait. We have always heard great things about POFQ and plan to stay there on our trip next year.
I know! That's why we tried POR in 2003. We heard great things. We had a trip booked with friends for December of that year, and then we got a last-minute "buy 4 nights get 3 free" promotion, so we stayed there in September before the December trip to try it out.

We found various types of body hair on the bathroom floor upon entering the room. We had black marks along the wall, and the room smelled like it hadn't been opened or cleaned in months. When we went back in December, we had pretty much identical conditions, and were told we wouldn't be moved to another room.

When I went to the gift shop (per orders of the front desk) to get packing tape to tape up a box to send home, I was scowled at by a CM. He reluctantly gave me the packing tape, told me to make sure I didn't let it follow me back to our room, and watched me walk out of the gift shop over to the front desk. He stood at the entrance watching me the entire time I taped up the box. When I handed it back to him and thanked him, he just walked away. We also found the front desk CM's to be quite unhelpful and lazy.

That's why we've never returned. We are very excited about staying at POFQ, though. Hopefully things have really turned around. I'm sure in 2003 the CM's were probably in pretty low spirits with the parks not doing very well, and I'm sure room cleaning/maintenance was slacking greatly.