Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
Just a recommendation from those of us that used to go to Disney prior to the fancy technologies like cell phones and magic bands.

Plan a meet up spot if you get separated, pick something that you can see from anywhere in the park (Like Cinderella's Castle). When I was a child our meet up spots were Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth. If you do get separated one parent can head for the meet up spot and the other can get with the closest cast member.

In case you are wondering I only got separated from my parents once, we never actually made it to Cinderella Castle though as my parents realized a few seconds after I lost them in the crowd that I was no longer with them. Sticking to our plan of heading to the castle, we all ended up on the same path with me about 20 feet ahead of my parents. They called out to me and we were reunited about 2 minutes after we got separated.
Agreed - the "old school" method of having a meeting spot still works quite well. But another recommendation is either make sure your child knows your cell phone number (and can have a cast member call you), or you put the cell number(s) on a piece of paper the child keeps in their pocket (making sure your child knows what they need to do if they get lost).