We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and while the lobby is beautiful we did not find it to be rooms to be all that special. The balcony was small and cramped and the room not much bigger than the one we stayed at in Coronado Springs. I did enjoy hanging out it the lobby but you can visit to do that without staying there. I know you said you weren't as drawn to the Epcot resorts but we stayed at Yacht Club last trip and it is our favorite to date. The theming isn't over the top but it was other aspects that did it. First of all service from bell hop to front desk to mouse keeping was excellent. Bus service was spotty usually not too bad but we did have one issue one night trying to get to the MK for an ADR. However, the boat service that goes to Hollywood Studios was wonderful. You can also take it to Epcot, but why bother because it is a 5 minute walk to the back entrance of Epcot. There was never a long line to wait in like the front entrance which was a big plus for us. Plus you can walk to the Beach Club in less than five minutes and the Boardwalk in about five so dining options are endless. You have three resorts plus epcot's restaurants all within a 5 minute walk. In addition the beds were the most comfortable yet we slept like babies. I highly recommend it.