Quantcast The Cuts... They Just Keep on Coming

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

So rather than bashing Disney, why not start your own Universal-COT where you can laud all the wonders of Universal? Disney is no different than any other corporation, including Comcast - parent of Universal, in that they will do what's best for the shareholder. It is indeed a problem for our modern economy that so much value is place on the shareholder as opposed to the employee or the consumer. Maybe our next president will figure it out, but we are free market system and right now society values the shareholder over the other two components (employee and consumer). If your perceived value for your dollar isn't meeting your expectations then by all means spend it elsewhere! However there is a difference between constructive criticism and outright disgust as you've shown time and time again.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2. Likes Hammer, SurferStitch liked this post
    Dislikes The Hitchhiking Ghost disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    If your perceived value for your dollar isn't meeting your expectations then by all means spend it elsewhere! However there is a difference between constructive criticism and outright disgust as you've shown time and time again.

4. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    So rather than bashing Disney, why not start your own Universal-COT where you can laud all the wonders of Universal? Disney is no different than any other corporation, including Comcast - parent of Universal, in that they will do what's best for the shareholder. It is indeed a problem for our modern economy that so much value is place on the shareholder as opposed to the employee or the consumer. Maybe our next president will figure it out, but we are free market system and right now society values the shareholder over the other two components (employee and consumer). If your perceived value for your dollar isn't meeting your expectations then by all means spend it elsewhere! However there is a difference between constructive criticism and outright disgust as you've shown time and time again.
    Perfect example of what I have said in the past about people who cannot accept criticism of Disney... Perfect example... Thank you for proving my point...

More people should show disgust for the way they are being treated by WDW management.. But some people are just so blind they cannot see...

Oh and the whole tossing in Universal thing is so silly anymore... If you haven't noticed, we have a Universal section on these boards... And you will find people who find fault with Universal too... There is plenty... But we are talking WDW here, so nice way to try to change the subject..

Anyway, there are now character meet and greets being cut... And food items being cut as well... The cutting continues!!!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

6. Thanks Tekneek thanked for this post
    Likes The Hitchhiking Ghost liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Perfect example of what I have said in the past about people who cannot accept criticism of Disney... Perfect example... Thank you for proving my point...

More people should show disgust for the way they are being treated by WDW management.. But some people are just so blind they cannot see...
    I don't mind criticism of Disney; heck, I dish plenty of it out these days. But see, I always have trouble with these types of "drink the Kool-aid" statements. There's nothing wrong with critical remarks, but when they are made with the insinuation that others are too ignorant or "blind" to see the truth--well, it's a bit like bullying to me. So please, share your information and your opinions, but please respect other posters' right to do the same (without ridicule). No one should be afraid to state their opinions about the state of the parks, good or bad. That's where the discussion part of the boards comes in.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I don't mind criticism of Disney; heck, I dish plenty of it out these days. But see, I always have trouble with these types of "drink the Kool-aid" statements. There's nothing wrong with critical remarks, but when they are made with the insinuation that others are too ignorant or "blind" to see the truth--well, it's a bit like bullying to me. So please, share your information and your opinions, but please respect other posters' right to do the same (without ridicule). No one should be afraid to state their opinions about the state of the parks, good or bad. That's where the discussion part of the boards comes in.
    Normal people wouldn't and shouldn't mind other peoples' criticism of Disney, or Universal, or Apple, or whatever... But the issue is, not every fan is "normal"... Some take their love of the brand too seriously... as if their life depends on the success of one brand and a failure of the other... And yes, those fans, and consumers in general, are blind... Blinded by their undying love of something... We can call these people closed minded or whatever... They are what they are... And if they cannot tolerate or handle criticism, then they have options.... They can stay out of the treads here on a discussion board, or they can block the member they don't like... Instead they choose to post nonsense, throw threads off topic, make insane rantings about competitors, try to silence those who dare not see their most beloved brand as perfect, and when things are turned on them, they whine... It isn't just here... It is less of an issue here than it is on other sites (thankfully), but it exists... Consumers are blind... We all are... It isn't bullying when someone says another is too blind to see the truth... it is a fact, a true statement... It is like that in politics, religion, finances, and yes theme park fandoms...

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, no more thread derailments!!!

These cuts are due to, well, now that the cat is out of the bag elsewhere on the net, Shanghai being a mess And cause Paris is sinking...

Ready for the cuts??? Operating hours will be further reduced... CMs are being reduced... Overtime reduced or suspended... Things are just starting... WDW is in for a bumpy ride...

The cuts are draconian... These are cuts that haven't been seen on this level since, probably 2001, and there was a major reason for that (I think it goes without saying what caused it)...

This just screams mismanagement... Shanghai is a disaster... Financially speaking... Paris is tanking... HARD.... Though recent events in Paris could have something to do with it, but not all of it... Paris was tanking before their terrorist attacks several weeks ago....

So record quarter earnings mean absolutely NOTHING... Management is so inept, they are now punishing other areas (WDW) cause they mismanaged Shanghai and have no idea how to fix or handle Paris...

More to come....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

9. Thanks GMRO thanked for this post
    Likes Wayne, The Hitchhiking Ghost, GMRO liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Normal people wouldn't and shouldn't mind other peoples' criticism of Disney, or Universal, or Apple, or whatever... But the issue is, not every fan is "normal"... Some take their love of the brand too seriously... as if their life depends on the success of one brand and a failure of the other... And yes, those fans, and consumers in general, are blind... Blinded by their undying love of something... We can call these people closed minded or whatever... They are what they are... And if they cannot tolerate or handle criticism, then they have options.... They can stay out of the treads here on a discussion board, or they can block the member they don't like... Instead they choose to post nonsense, throw threads off topic, make insane rantings about competitors, try to silence those who dare not see their most beloved brand as perfect, and when things are turned on them, they whine... It isn't just here... It is less of an issue here than it is on other sites (thankfully), but it exists... Consumers are blind... We all are... It isn't bullying when someone says another is too blind to see the truth... it is a fact, a true statement... It is like that in politics, religion, finances, and yes theme park fandoms...

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, no more thread derailments!!!....
    In my opinion, "normal" people don't have such a negative outlook and negative view of people who don't agree with them. I'm sure you don't agree with me seeing as we have differing views but anyway I'll just agree to disagree here and I'm done with this thread.

11. Thanks WiltonJohn, Terra thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke, WiltonJohn, Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    In my opinion, "normal" people don't have such a negative outlook and negative view of people who don't agree with them. I'm sure you don't agree with me seeing as we have differing views but anyway I'll just agree to disagree here and I'm done with this thread.
    I have been watching this thread silently. To say the least I'm saddened by it. I agree with you j2k and a few others.
    It's one thing to see a need for some changes but I am sorry DizneyFreak, you are not doing what you say you expect others to do. It seems you want people to accept your critique of WDW but suddenly everyone else is wrong if they disagree with you?
    I know it is strongly worded but you are being rude and over the top.
    I don't enjoy coming here much because of so much negativity.
    However I guess you are right, there are others places on the net. I think I may even go ahead and start my own happy place. But it saddens me after nearly 13 years here those of us who choose to see the magical side seem to be told to hush up more or less and not share our opinions if they don't mesh with this movement to hate how Disney has become.
    Peace. Hope you all find a little magic today.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

13. Thanks j2k, WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Dislikes The Hitchhiking Ghost disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Thank you for finally addressing this. Agree 110% with the sentiment.

best,

.............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

15. Thanks MNNHFLTX, snowflakegirl thanked for this post
    Likes j2k, Terra, baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media: