Quantcast 29 forever Platinum Package Pre-Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 29 forever Platinum Package Pre-Trip

Against all better judgment in celebration of my 30th birthday, there has been an elaborate planning extravaganza dating back to May for a 10 day Disney trip. While the sheer magnitude that goes into planning the Platinum Package is fairly daunting, we will see if it is actually worth the man hours of what I can only guess it will take to construct Toy Story Land.

We leave tomorrow evening and drive through the night from Tennessee, yes I am crazy you can hold the comments, I have always just found it much easier to travel through the night especially when traversing through the traffic quagmire that is Atlanta and hopefully arrive around 9am Florida local time Sunday.

When doing the PP it is impossible to simply have an itinerary, but we will be lugging around a book that rivals the 2015 Tax Code. Jamming in Fast Past Plus amidst 3 dining reservations per day is quite the interesting endeavor. Now I am a planner, but it feels like to truly utilize the plan properly, you find yourself saying take 3 steps to the left at 11:51am.

Now, I know it will not be that micro-managed, and I am very looking forward to every aspect of the trip very much.

With the trip itself, while I will be doing a daily trip report with details and dining and park reviews as well as a daily Vlog on our new Youtube Channel, I won't be too overbearing in this pre-trip with every intricate detail.

We are staying at the Contemporary, and this is my first time staying at this location so fairly excited as new things tend to be that way when it comes to the Disney Experience.

We will try to spend ample time at the Food and Wine festival although with the PP I imagine it will turn into the Wine, Cocktail, and Beer Flight festival for some. Dinners include: Victoria and Alberts, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Cali Grille, San Angel Inn, Ohana, Narcooseee's, Citricos, Artist Point, Jiko, and the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Lunch and Breakfast Highlights: Kona, Le Cellier, Boathouse, Coral Reef, CRT, Hollywood BD, Saana, Boma to name a few.

I've never done a Disney Tour so we are jumping full swing into some of those Keys to the Kingdom, Wilderness Trek, Dolphins in Depth, Epcot Seas Acqua Tour,Behind the Seeds, and Undiscovered Future World Tour. We also have Cirque Tickets, An Illuminations Cruise, and a Spa Visit at Senses Spa at the GF.

The traveling party also thinks we are staying at Caribbean Beach. It should be interesting to say the least as I will be able to visit and do a lot of different elements we have not experienced before. Hopefully, I can offer some insight into what elements may be worth while and the others that will be better left out.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! What a busy trip you'll have!! Clearly, you'll be having some wonderful dining experiences and very busy days!! The Contemporary is an excellent resort. Hope you enjoy it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a jammed-pack and awesome trip!

I can't wait to hear the details, and how all of the planning comes together.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some fantastic restaurants. Enjoy!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Cool

Oh wow, what an awesome trip (I hope!!) Can't wait to follow along, thanks so much for posting!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never talked to anyone or read a report about a platinum package, so I'm excited to hear all about it from you!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!