Quantcast Mailed Magic Band Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mailed Magic Band Question

I have a question about the Magic Bands being mailed to your home before your Disney trip. On every podcast I listen too there has been mention of how many Magic Bands people get without even needing them and how they are sent to the person before their trip, etc.

Well, to start with, My wife, myself and my two boys, along with my sister, her husband, daughter and her friend all had a 4 night stay at Shades of Green last Sept. Because we were at Shades of Green, we did not get Magic Bands. My wife and I both purchased Magic Bands on that trip since we didn't automatically get them since we were staying at Shades of Green. We did this because we purchased AP's at the military discount (my brother-in-law is still active in the military after 28 years). We got AP's because I knew we would have the chance to go again this past May since I had a convention to attend and then we are going again in the middle of Sept with our boys.

Anyway, we have Magic Bands. A couple months before our May trip we picked our colors and what we wanted printed (name wise) on the inside of our Magic Bands. And, I couldn't wait to have them arrive in the mail, just like people talk about on Disney Podcasts. Well, we never received anything. And, we had a split stay with the first two nights at the AK villas and the next 4 nights at the BW villas. We had different colors picked out for each of our stays. Still we received nothing.

So, I figured our Magic Bands would be waiting for us when we checked in. I was wrong. Nope. Nothing.

So now my family is about 2 months from our next trip where we are staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground (we are renting a big RV). I have all 4 of our Magic Band colors and names and all that set up in MyDisneyExperience and I am wondering if we will get them in the mail (I really hope so because my boys want to decorate them.)

My questions are this: Did I do something wrong on the last trip? Is there something you need to do to trigger Disney to mail out the Magic Bands? Should I try to call someone? What can I do to ensure I get my Magic Bands as soon as possible?

I really appreciate any insight anyone can provide. I usually feel like I understand Disney because of all the trips we have taken and my love for all of the podcasts, but this is really perplexing for me.

Thanks,
    Tom

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you set them up and verify the mailing address you should be good. Normally they are mailed at the 30 day mark. I would go back and verify the address again, if all looks good then give them a call and have them look at it. Explain that you never received them the last time and have them check if there is possibly a glitch in your account.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Lynn's advice. Typically, they post notices within your account which indicates how many days you have left to customize and also confirms when they have shipped.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default PO Boxes

Do they deliver to PO boxes? We live rurally and only have PO boxes at the post office. The ordering site did accept our address.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick responses. I had to call Disney about another matter and told them my story about the Magic Bands on our May trip. The lady I spoke with confirmed everything in my account and also confirmed that I should be receiving my Magic Bands towards the end of August. She told me what I should be looking for and what to expect so I can contact someone if things are not going the way they should.

Also, I asked about sending Magic Bands to PO Boxes and she confirmed that Magic Bands can be delivered to PO Boxes since they only deal with the USPS services.

Thanks Again,
    Tom

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Urbss View Post
    Also, I asked about sending Magic Bands to PO Boxes and she confirmed that Magic Bands can be delivered to PO Boxes since they only deal with the USPS services.

Thanks Again,
    Tom
    Thanks for asking about the PO boxes and posting info.

Hope all goes well and you get your magic bands this time.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Share This Thread On Social Media: