So we're heading down in November for the W&D Half Marathon. We originally booked the BC for 11/6 through 11/10 and got the runDisney rate. We decided this week to add another day on the end so now we're checking out of BC on 11/11.

When I called to add the extra day, the CM told me that the runDisney rooms were all booked, so we would have to take the rack rate (or switch to the Poly) for the last night- not a big deal to us. And there was no way we were switching to the Poly with everything going on over there.

Here's the part I'm probably overthinking- the CM said that they could not just add on the extra day for us. We had to start a separate reservation all together for the last night. The CM was really nice and said it was "highly, highly unlikely" that we would have to switch rooms for our last night.

Does it make sense that we now have 2 reservations for the same BC stay, even though all I did was add one more night at the rack rate? (One for 11/6 to 11/10 and the second for just 11/11)

Assuming that 2 reservations are correct, is there anything we need to be careful of in terms of planning? (Especially in terms of magic bands, etc.)

I'd appreciate any thoughts you guys might have!