Quantcast Traveling with Nephew

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Traveling with Nephew

Hi Fellow Intercotees:

I am considering planning a trip in June to take my nephew (15 years old) to WDW. I am a 55 year old aunt.

Any recommendations for accommodations for us?

Thanks!
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your budget like? Do you know if you'd prefer to stay at a Value, Moderate, or Deluxe resort yet? How long will you be staying?
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully June 11 - 15, 2014. I am looking to save as much as possible, however we need a resort that will accommodate our ages.

Also I want what would interest a 15 year old boy. AKL would be great but it's too expensive. I am open to suggestions.

THANKS!
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

Post Thanks / Like

Since you'll only be there for 4 days, I would think you'll be spending more time in the parks than the resort, so I'd say the most important factor you should consider is the ease of transportation to/from the parks. My personal favorite of the Value resorts is the POP Century because it has its own dedicated bus and the other Values share buses. This will save you some time getting where you want to go, and that might make a big difference in your day since you'll be at WDW during a busy time. I think your nephew will have a great time no matter where he's staying, but if theming is very important to you and he's a big sports fan, All Star Sports might be a good match for you. All Value resorts have an arcade, where he could go if he needs a little alone time.

Have a great trip!
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Carribean is a little more than the value resorts ( moderate ), but the theming is pretty cool and the pool is nice. I have 2 boys and they love the place. It is also in a central location so it doesn't take long to get to any of the parks from there.

Lets face it, they're all way better than a Red Roof. I'm sure he will like any resort you choose.

Good luck!
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go withe a Value as well - you aren't going to be spending a lot of time at the resort, I think - and the values have good food courts and fun theming and pools. I think you'll be mainly in the parks! The moderates ARE a little more comfortable with larger rooms, better beds, and nicer pool areas, but i don't know if it's worth it for that length of trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure that you save time for a waterpark and Disney Quest. We don't have any kids and took our 13 yr old Godson 2 years in a row. He said that his favourite things were Blizzard Beach, Disney Quest arcade and the mini golfing at Winter Summerland. A waterpark fun & more pass is well loved with teens!

Have a great time- you'll be the best Auntie ever! Your nephew will remember the trip his whole life!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to answer your initial question- we stayed at Caribbean Beach the first time and Port. Orleans Riverside the second time. He liked Riverside better because of Yehaa Bob and the bigger arcade. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Pop Century either though.
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Pop has good bus service and there is a curtain across the sink/closet area that sets up as a nice dressing somewhat private dressing area.
    On the same theme Coranado Springs has a similar set up, more luxury.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: