I haven't written in a while ((2 active boys will do that to you) but I was just reading people on Facebook talking about this (they were saying it's a done deal) although I know better than to believe that and came rushing on INTERCOT to see if there is a discussion on this.
I was right.
Maelstrom is my hands down favorite in all of Epcot. Every trip I cannot wait to go on this ride when I am there. I loved Horizons when it was there and now this is my favorite. I liked the movie but please Disney do not do this to Maelstrom! The rides and films in the world showcase are to show specific things about that country and to teach about the culture. Elsa having a special ice power is cute and all and the bond of sisters but has nothing to do with the culture of Norway as a whole.
The character meet and greet is perfect there (you may want to add them in Magic Kingdom so we don't have a 4.5 hour wait to meet them) but to put a ride about the movie there is not the best idea.
We have Hollywood studios and Magic Kingdom for animation and live action films. Lets keep it out of World Showcase.