Quantcast Now We Can Say Goodbye to Jammin Jungle

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now We Can Say Goodbye to Jammin Jungle

Remember back in May 2013 I mentioned Jammin Jungle was closing.. The last run of the parade would be October, then make way for the Christmas version, and never come back? and lo and behold, Jammin Jungle started up again... Well, you can say goodbye to it this June... Rumor is the decision was made to extend the parade until FotLK opened in the new theater... With a park which has so little to do, wise decision... So, any fans of the parade, say goodbye... Looks like this is the end...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess, and this is 100% a pure, speculative guess, is that you will see a new afternoon parade right around the time that Pandora opens (when Disney brass states it will become a "full day" park).

That being said, it would be nice to see this parade stay open until there is a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    My guess, and this is 100% a pure, speculative guess, is that you will see a new afternoon parade right around the time that Pandora opens (when Disney brass states it will become a "full day" park).

That being said, it would be nice to see this parade stay open until there is a replacement.
    No replacement is planned or scheduled for any day time parade in AK when Avatar opens... They are, however, planning the night time entertainment...

My personal opinion.. I'd ratehr them concentrate on the night time entertainment, and not another day time parade...

AK is horrible when the parade runs... They really are better off...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    No replacement is planned or scheduled for any day time parade in AK when Avatar opens... They are, however, planning the night time entertainment...

My personal opinion.. I'd ratehr them concentrate on the night time entertainment, and not another day time parade...

AK is horrible when the parade runs... They really are better off...
    Which is why I said it pure, speculative guess...

And I agree about the afternoon parade there anyways. I always tried to clear out before it started (wasn't too hard to get everything done before the parade anyways!)

The night time entertainment looks very promising IMO, regardless of what anyone thinks about Pandora.

And thanks for the update of the parade to begin with; first I heard of it going away "officially".

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the AK parade, and hope that we will be able to see it before it closes..we are there the first two weeks of June.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    And thanks for the update of the parade to begin with; first I heard of it going away "officially".
    You're welcome... I probably should have put RUMOR since this isn't "officially" announced by Disney yet... However, it does come from someone who I trust with their information, who is embedded in entertainment... I trust his information... he knows what he is talking about, and reports as he knows things to be at that time... of course, things may change..

BTW, love the handle!!!! 2014 better than 2013 hopefully!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jammin' Jungle parade is cute but it causes so much congestion in AK, making it almost impossible to navigate anywhere except between Africa and Asia by the path behind the Tree of Life. We've been forced to wait it out and miss reservations elsewhere because we've gotten stuck on the wrong side of the parade. For that reason alone, I really won't miss it.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I actually really like the parade; it was full of great costumes color and music, but you had to find a spot and stick it out. Trying to move around in AK during the parade was next to impossible. Maybe they could change something like this to a centralized location in the park so it wouldn't clog the park pathways so badly.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

My fondest memory of this parade is sitting at the Dawa Bar drinking a Hamarabe Cooler laughing at some friends trapped on the other side of the parade trying to get across while I polished off a few nice cold cocktails.

That’s about it.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I actually really like the parade; it was full of great costumes color and music, but you had to find a spot and stick it out. Trying to move around in AK during the parade was next to impossible. Maybe they could change something like this to a centralized location in the park so it wouldn't clog the park pathways so badly.
    There is only one pathway at AK, it goes around the tree of life. This same problem exists at Epcot for the Tapestry of Nations parade, which met the same fate. ToN was probably the best Disney parade I can remember, but man was it a bear getting around a world Showcase when that was running.

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago we got to ride on a float for being the first in line at Camp Minnie Mickey
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

June 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music
    June 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Navagating that park during a parade is "turribul"
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently this hit the paper, didn't read the article, but I guess we can now say this is CONFIRMED and not a RUMOR as I originally called it since nothing "official" had been released...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know how I navigated through the parks when the parade was going? I didn't. When it was time for the parade, we found a great sitting spot so the kids could enjoy it up close with great character interaction. And when we'd come back for our second day at AK, we'd plan to be at Nemo:The Musical around the time of the parade. That way, when it was done we'd just hit Dinosaur, head over to Everest, or have the kids ride the Triceratops Spin. It's like know when rush hour is, where it's the worst, and then avoiding it.

That said, I will miss that parade terribly, as will my children.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Buh bye Jammin Jungle Parade aka parade with floats of tourists waving at me awkwardly!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Buh bye Jammin Jungle Parade aka parade with floats of tourists waving at me awkwardly!!
    That part is painful to watch. If asked, I would have to decline.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

This is actually my favorite parade of all time! Just love the steel drums etc...

I will miss it.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FenwayGirl View Post
    This is actually my favorite parade of all time! Just love the steel drums etc...

I will miss it.

This is also a favorite of mine and I'll miss it.

I'm glad I'll be able to see it a couple of times before it ends forever. The mandatory portion of my short "must do" list for my May vacation just got a bit longer.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Mine too Sylvia. I am glad that I will be there in May to see it at least one more time...I think it is one of the best..although..we will get to see the new MK parade, it looks interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    My fondest memory of this parade is sitting at the Dawa Bar drinking a Hamarabe Cooler laughing at some friends trapped on the other side of the parade trying to get across while I polished off a few nice cold cocktails.

That’s about it.

Best Place Ever to view the Jammin Jungle Parade, setting on the little ledge planter right next to the Parade Route at the Dawa Bar and if your mug runs low, hold my seat and head back for another African Ale. At end of parade....Who's in a hurry? I will not tell DW, this is Her Favorite Parade due to Music, Costumes, Colorful Floats and Smiling Folks.
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: