Quantcast Just One More Fast Pass Plus Question - Promise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just One More Fast Pass Plus Question - Promise

Ok, just one more fast pass plus question before everyone starts screaming about them.....is the old fast pass system that we all have know over the years still operating in Disney or is all gone and replaced with the new fast pass plus. After booking yesterday for my November trip, I got an email asking to take part in the test pilot program of fast pass plus so that made me think, it is completely functioning or still just being tested.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was there in August, both systems were running simultaneously. I'm not sure how quickly they will phase out the old system. I think it will depend on when they work the glitches out of the new system.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

While FP+ is in testing the regular fast pass system is still being used the moment they officially roll out FP+ the old system is going to go away
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a Magic Band, is it even possible to get a FastPass ticket out of the kiosk?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Both systems on

While there during the first week of October both systems were running. Upon checkin we were asked if we also wanted KTTW cards just in case. I said yes and we brought them to the park everyday. The bands worked fine but with only three fastpasses we used the cards to get more. Use the KTTW cards just like you always have to get a paper ticket.

I was told by the cast members that when the system for fast passes is fully operational the KTTW cards will be phased out but no idea on date.

Be aware that there are some attractions that you can only get a fastpass online using the magic bands. Eg. Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom.

Have fun on your trip
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

2014 - AoA
    2013 - AKV Kidani
    2012 - AoA
    2011 - ASM
    2010 - BLT
    2009 - OKW
    2008 - ASM
    2007 - Pop
    1986 - FW
    1985 - FW
    1984 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clarkee View Post
    While there during the first week of October both systems were running. Upon checkin we were asked if we also wanted KTTW cards just in case. I said yes and we brought them to the park everyday. The bands worked fine but with only three fastpasses we used the cards to get more. Use the KTTW cards just like you always have to get a paper ticket.

I was told by the cast members that when the system for fast passes is fully operational the KTTW cards will be phased out but no idea on date.

Be aware that there are some attractions that you can only get a fastpass online using the magic bands. Eg. Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom.

Have fun on your trip
    Question. Did you use your KTTW card to get into the parks, or did you use your magic bands? I ask this because in the past you could not get FPs with a card that hadn't been used to enter the park.

Unless the band and card are linked in a way that once you enter the park with either they are both recognized as "active" for that day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: