Quantcast Figaro's August trip report - part four

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Figaro's August trip report - part four

Day 8 - Monday 26th August

Today is the first day we have to check out and back in again. At least it is achieved relatively simply. After two busy park days, we decide to make this a non-park day, but Mikki sets off to Florida Mall. She is a woman with a mission. We pass quickly through the mall until we reach the Disney store. Once inside we find the Minnie Mouse section and there we find a pink Kittie carriage with a sweet little Figaro plush inside. The one problem I forsee with this purchase is that my humans think that I may fit inside the Kittie carriage. No more purchases were made in the mall but the humans then went to an outlet mall where they found some shoes and a Mickey Mouse plush. Another Disney plush toy but I worry that this may mean a Mickey gets replaced.
    Monday evening is the evening of the official Intercot meet, and I had better deal with the bad news first. The humans don't take me!! And I thought I had them well trained after all these years. They come back with pictures and claiming it went well, but my fans must have been disappointed. I'll post the picture of the meet even though I am not in it.

Day 9 - Tuesday 27th August
    Today's the special day for my new cousin: the Figaro we rescued from the Disney Store. This will be his chance for pictures with Disney characters. We start with Animal Kingdom.

First stop is the new place to meet Mickey and Minnie. It was nicely air-conditioned, including the waiting area, which is nice for those in line, and I guess for Mickey and Minnie too. Our only quibble was with the lighting. In our picture, everyone's heads look a little washed out, even without flash. When the photopass pictures arrived we see they have the same problem.

Next , it was to Camp Minnie-Mickey (will they change the name now?) to see who has replaced them. I had pictures with Baloo and King Louie. Then we saw Dug and Russell back on Discovery Island. My humans stopped for lunch at Flame Tree BBQ but it was rather big - even the plate of fruit was huge with pieces too big to eat easily. Then it was back to the room for a break before heading into Epcot.

Our first stop was the character spot and we are delighted to find no line. We saw Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Minnie was pleased to see me but she seemed smaller than I remember. Then we went to France for the Owner's Locker evening. It was a pleasant evening and my humans enjoyed a Croque Monsieur with their wine.

Day 10 - Wednesday 28th August

Today, we went in early to the Studios. We rode Toy Story Mania and got a fast pass for later. Mikki was very impressed with the way the accessible vehicle is slotted into the ride. I was very happy that Andrew cuddled me throughout. Why not, there's no point him looking for targets? It was already a 45 minute wait to see Buzz and Woody so we did not stop. I went and had pictures with Mater and Lightning McQueen and then Phineas and Ferb instead.

In the evening, the humans had dinner at Outback. This has been a regular favourite of theirs for years. They tend to go early in the evening when it is quiet and it is easy for them to relax.

Day 11 - Thursday 29th August
    A non-Disney day: we drive to Kennedy Space Center to see the space shuttle orbiter Atlantis and to take a tour during which visitors stand in the flame trench of launch pad 39a. I stayed in the car but the humans reported it was great fun and totally fascinating. They had annual passes they bought when we were here in February and which are very good value. The only surprise was how quiet things were. There was no crowd at all. It was even possible for Mikki to play various simulator games without any wait.

Back at Disney, our first stop is the DVC office at Saratoga Springs where we have booked to see mock-ups of the rooms at the Grand Floridian. We are relieved to be taken over without a wait and not to be subjected to excessive sales talk. We only wonder why a booking was necessary. The decor of the rooms themselves look very pleasant, with nice carpet on the floor (as OKW had when they were selling it). There is an additional fold-down bed under the television in the studio and the living room of the one bedroom apartment. Mikki regrets the consequent loss of storage in the studio.

Returning to OKW, Mikki is dismayed to see we have received a "towel and trash" housekeeping service. Nothing was due until tomorrow and what about that agreement it would be a full service? The humans decide they have to go back to the front desk and ask to see a manager. They speak to Jennifer who agrees to make sure we now get full service on Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Figaro, I'm sorry you didn't get to attend the meet as you really missed lots of fun there!

Still, from the sounds of it, you have been meeting lots of characters, getting much attention and having a wonderful time!

Clearly, though, the humans are having less fun with mousekeeping!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip so far. Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to have missed you Figaro, I know we will have a chance again someday. And you can meet my grandson, he has a cat named Shadow.
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Figario... don't feel bad. Jessica had her Mickey the bear guarding our room. It would have been fun for the two of you to meet up.

For the humans.... Thanks to both of you for setting up the meet.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: