Quantcast Rumor: WDW Hotel Pools to be locked at 10pm - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I'm not 100% sure) I don't think the quiet pools are as deep. Other than that, no.
    The shallower the water, the closer the concrete bottom is to a horse-playing teenager's head.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

My guess is it has to do with liability. If you supply a lifeguard for part of the time, you're liable for guest safety in that pool all the time. If the pool is "swim at your own risk" all the time, then the guest is liable, since a lifeguard is never on duty at that pool.

Just speculating, based on the fact that nothing in our society has to do with actual safety anymore; it's all about liability.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

From a safety standpoint, probably a good idea. I bet the fencing will blend in nicely since Disney takes theming very seriously. On another note, I have, on occasion been in a room facing the pool and the noise at night was sometimes a bit too much. This will also help cut down on the noise level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry823 View Post
    From a safety standpoint, probably a good idea. I bet the fencing will blend in nicely since Disney takes theming very seriously. On another note, I have, on occasion been in a room facing the pool and the noise at night was sometimes a bit too much. This will also help cut down on the noise level.

...regardless of how well they "theme" the fence ...the one at AoA is a complete eyesore ...and gives the space a "constricted" feeling.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry823 View Post
    I totally agree with the noise statement. I think this is a good thing.

And I still maintain the fences will blend in nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

The fences do not bother me. I stayed at AOA earlier this year and we just stayed at the Grand Floridian which has a fence around the courtyard pool and it was fine.

It is something we are very used to in Florida. All residential pools are required to be fenced or screened in. My county has gone one step further. We we're required to put in a pool alarm or a fence when we built our house. You get used to the look.

My guess is the only reason non residential is exempt is due to the power of the hotel industry in FL but it does make sense liability wise to put the fences in.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

If the fences will keep people out of the pool area that shouldn't be in there (be it illegal pool hoppers, or whatever) I'm all for it.

I have no problem not swimming after 11pm. I'm hardly ever even awake that late.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to imagine a fence around the pool at the AKL. There goes the natural look they tried to depict.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I'm not 100% sure) I don't think the quiet pools are as deep. Other than that, no.
    Pretty sure they are shallower with no frills (slides, squirting flowers, ext)
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoDisney View Post
    I'm trying to imagine a fence around the pool at the AKL. There goes the natural look they tried to depict.
    It could easily go around the perimeter area, not just the pool itself
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Considering Disney is wealthy enough, why not extend life guard hours? Disney World is one of the most visited places in the world so why not accommodate the guests? Like others have said locking fences around the pools especially with surveillance cameras will not fare well with the public. I've always stayed at All Star Music and I need to walk around the pool to get to my room.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the likelihood of insurance, or any drowning incident, as the cause for this change. Virtually every change Disney makes has a profit motive rather than a safety motive. The more insidious profit motives are those that people easily believe are for their own good (rather than the company's), and this is one of those. The very fact that AoA's pools were designed from the start with limited access makes me think that was the testing ground and that this is not a reaction to any recent safety or insurance change.

The unfortunate side to this is that I've seen adults in the pools early in the mornings doing laps and they won't be able to do that anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

They have slowly been gating pools anyway. The BLT pool, the GF pool, AoA (as mentioned), SAB. Honestly, it's probably to keep the pools exclusive, and to be able to have firm operating hours. I don't think it's about safety so much as guest satisfaction and convenience for the CMs who are on pool cleaning/maintenance duty.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I saw this on another site as well. According to that, all pools will be fenced and locked after hours starting in November, from 11 pm to 7 am.

I can't see it being visually appealing though? Wouldn't it be better just to say no swimming allowed during certain hours and do some video surveillance or post a guard, something subtle and not as visually distracting as an actual locked fence. Locked fences don't always stop people and it would be costly to actually fence all the pools, though any solution to this is potentially costly.
    Locked fences would only be a 1 time, up-front cost vs ongoing surveillance monitoring or security guards.

Either way, if people want to get around the rules they'll figure out a way...
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Well - I'm glad our next trip is at BCV - I assume since the Villas pool does not have a lifeguard at it that it will remain open in the evenings.
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quiet Pools

I just hope that the "quiet" pools remain quiet . Dear BF and I like to come back after a late night and just peacefully float in the usually deserted quiet pool. I have no problem with more folks using the pool, but I would hate to have a bunch of rowdiness carry over to the quiet pools because the others are closed.
    "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: