Quantcast Training Check-in/Encouragement Thread - Page 14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    I have a milestone to report: 45 lbs lost...
    THAT IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!

That's scale weight right? Have you done caliper BMI checks? I'll bet you are in MUCH better shape now that what the scale reflects!

You are well on your way to your WDW 5K. SMOKE will be coming from your shoes!!!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a milestone to report: 45 lbs lost. I'm doing cardio kickboxing 5 days a week and doing the Galloway walk/run when I wake up early or on weekends. The 5K should be good. DH is worried he won't be able to keep up with me. I won't leave him behind. I want to savor my first runDisney.

When I hit 50 there's going to be a big party!

Who knows where I will be by January. But I'm excited to find out.
    Fantastic job! Congratulations!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have a milestone to report: 45 lbs lost. I'm doing cardio kickboxing 5 days a week and doing the Galloway walk/run when I wake up early or on weekends. The 5K should be good. DH is worried he won't be able to keep up with me. I won't leave him behind. I want to savor my first runDisney.

Super congrats, Mel!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a milestone to report: 45 lbs lost. I'm doing cardio kickboxing 5 days a week and doing the Galloway walk/run when I wake up early or on weekends. The 5K should be good.
    Congratulations! I hope you received my PM about the Pittsburgh race.

Post Thanks / Like

Woooohoooo! Way to go!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome. Keep up the good job.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Now that I'm getting close to my first half marathon I'm starting to think about the training for my second. I'm running the Disneyland Half on September 1st and then the Wine and Dine in November.

I'm now at the point (or nearly at the point) where I'll be running 14 miles that's scheduled for the first training plan (the Disneyland Half). I was thinking that after this Half I would then alternate between running four miles one weekend and fourteen the next one. (With the two thirty minute maintanence runs during the week.) My sister, on the other hand, has basically told me that I'm dumb and should start in on the Wine and Dine schedule that will be at about the eight mile mark at that point. She said that running too much will cause injurys. I figure that if I'm at the point where I can run fourteen miles every other week I don't need to 'work up to it' again and that it's really not all that much more running than if I started at the eight miles and worked my way up to fourteen again.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't continue to run the fourteen miles every other weekend as long as I'm not injured?

I hope that this made sense. Thanks so much!
    Absolutely. I say go for it, but be smart about it. Assuming you don’t over do it and run too fast during your first race.

I would even consider gradually adding a little mileage, especially to your maintenance runs.

As long as you take it easy on your long runs you should be fine. I would also schedule an off week about half way through your training between the two races as well as the week after your first half.

If you were training for a full marathon you would definitely be running more than 14 miles every other week so maintaining your miles between the two races should not be an issue. Just remember to listen to your body and if it says rest, then rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had to check in quickly and say I'm SO PROUD of everyone! Keep up the good work!!! By the end of this week I will be finished my Masters thesis and then I'm back to training hard core and checking in more often! The PF is feeling better but I haven't really put the foot to the test yet.

I wanted to give props to my DH- he has now lost 55 lbs and just ran his first 10k at the gym!!! I am so incredibly proud of how dedicated he's become. JMTStone I see you are down 45- it's just amazing, isn't it? DH just pulled up a pic of himself from ICOT15 and we both did a double take. I guess when you live with someone day in day out you don't notice how extreme the change is, but side by side, WOWZA! Can't wait to have another group shot at runICOT to show off how in shape we all will be
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Just had to check in quickly and say I'm SO PROUD of everyone! Keep up the good work!!! By the end of this week I will be finished my Masters thesis and then I'm back to training hard core and checking in more often! The PF is feeling better but I haven't really put the foot to the test yet.

I wanted to give props to my DH- he has now lost 55 lbs and just ran his first 10k at the gym!!! I am so incredibly proud of how dedicated he's become. JMTStone I see you are down 45- it's just amazing, isn't it? DH just pulled up a pic of himself from ICOT15 and we both did a double take. I guess when you live with someone day in day out you don't notice how extreme the change is, but side by side, WOWZA! Can't wait to have another group shot at runICOT to show off how in shape we all will be
    WAY TO GO all around! I am so impressed he's lost that much since October!!! And props to you for finishing your thesis!

I'm so excited to run with you all and celebrate everyone's amazing accomplishments. I did my longest run ever last week, 8 miles! It was tough at some points but felt great when it was done. I am getting ready for a 10 miler in just 5 weeks and if I keep up that pace I'll finish in just over 2 hours!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Minnie View Post
    Congratulations! I hope you received my PM about the Pittsburgh race.
    Thank you... I did. In conflicts with Little Ninja's karate testing schedule

By the end of this week I will be finished my Masters thesis and then I'm back to training hard core and checking in more often! The PF is feeling better but I haven't really put the foot to the test yet.

Congrats on Masters! I agree. The runICOT weight loss club should do pics before at ICOT15 and after. I know I look different. I noticed the pic from Gary's Column before then just when we were there a few weeks ago. Either Column got bigger or I got smaller!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to both you and your DH.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Now that I'm getting close to my first half marathon I'm starting to think about the training for my second. I'm running the Disneyland Half on September 1st and then the Wine and Dine in November.

I'm now at the point (or nearly at the point) where I'll be running 14 miles that's scheduled for the first training plan (the Disneyland Half). I was thinking that after this Half I would then alternate between running four miles one weekend and fourteen the next one. (With the two thirty minute maintanence runs during the week.) My sister, on the other hand, has basically told me that I'm dumb and should start in on the Wine and Dine schedule that will be at about the eight mile mark at that point. She said that running too much will cause injurys. I figure that if I'm at the point where I can run fourteen miles every other week I don't need to 'work up to it' again and that it's really not all that much more running than if I started at the eight miles and worked my way up to fourteen again.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't continue to run the fourteen miles every other weekend as long as I'm not injured?

I hope that this made sense. Thanks so much!
    I just wanted to pass on the information I got this weekend. I met with the endurance coach at the gym I go to and he told me that as long as I'm not injured and feel okay doing it to absolutly stick with the longer (14 mile) runs every other week. So, once I finish the Disneyland Half I will alternate my weekend runs with a shorter four mile run one weekend and a long fourteen mile run the next one.

I know that a couple of people expressed interest in finding out the answer so I thought I'd post it here.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran a 5K locally on Saturday. Happy to say that I beat my average of 33 minutes and ran it in 29.43 minutes. I was happy about that!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I ran a 5K locally on Saturday. Happy to say that I beat my average of 33 minutes and ran it in 29.43 minutes. I was happy about that!!
    Way to go Tracey! Have you thought more about doing the Glow Run in October???
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Way to go Tracey! Have you thought more about doing the Glow Run in October???
    I do plan on doing the Glow Run. I plan on running tomorrow at Ithaca HS around 6pm with my friend and running buddy. I will see if she wants to sign up this week. I just downloaded the 10K app (add on to my 5k app) and hope to be able to a 10K in the future!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I do plan on doing the Glow Run. I plan on running tomorrow at Ithaca HS around 6pm with my friend and running buddy. I will see if she wants to sign up this week. I just downloaded the 10K app (add on to my 5k app) and hope to be able to a 10K in the future!!
    Awesome! I skipped my run this morning due to the downpours when I woke up so I'll probably run by you this evening (my route through Fall Creek takes me by the schools) so if you see an awkward slow moving girl with brown hair in a hot pink shirt waving, it's just me!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Awesome! I skipped my run this morning due to the downpours when I woke up so I'll probably run by you this evening (my route through Fall Creek takes me by the schools) so if you see an awkward slow moving girl with brown hair in a hot pink shirt waving, it's just me!
    I think the plan is to run around 7-7:30pm at IHS. I'll keep my eye out for you. I'll have my purple Ithaca Twilight shirt on.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be safe.

Everyone, remember to practice internet safety in our discussions, especially when talking about when and where you run.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yinzer run

For our Pittsburgh runICOTers, there's a new race announced. A 6.6 fun run/walk miler for Mario Lemieux Foundation on 10/6. I'm already signed up!

http://www.mariolemieux.org/events/6...d-family-walk/
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

All these Pittsburgh races, and they canceled the one my hubby was going to run. :/

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: