Quantcast Why were so many things broken yesterday? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    This post makes me sad. Disney went from the industry's leader, setting the standard others were trying achieve, to just another very nice 40-year-old theme park only with a hefty price tag.

Just look at our own personal attendance record. I think it's emblematic of what's taking place. We went from a twice-a-year visitor to a once-a-year visitor to now a twice-every-four-years visitor. It's becoming so expensive and really tough to justify the cost. And with TDO jacking up AP prices through the roof, we'll probably visit even more infrequently.

I can't remember the last time I bragged about how amazing WDW was to someone.
    you know what do you want disney to do? keep there prices to what they were back in the 80's?
    everything that we come across in our daily everyday lives has gone up in price, and if disney is so expensive then y is it every single time that me and dw go the parks are jammed packed????? explain this to me, and im talking about september and octocber whem SCHOOL is supposed to be open, yet there is an 1hr wait to do haunted mansion? you kidding me here? again as i stated in a previous post disney isnt holding a gun to anyones head to make them vaca with them
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I honestly think these threads escalate because of the tone more than the actual issues.
    Agreed. A little bit of respect for fellow members, even if their opinions vary from your own, goes a long way in keeping these boards friendly.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will all remember Disney as better because of nostalgia and growing up with it. The things we focus on change just as the parks have themselves. What I noticed when I was 8 is different than when i was 12, 16, 20, 25 etc.

Why would Disney change their operating model if people continue to show up in droves wanting more and more? It's like a baseball team that's terrible but sells out every game...if ownerships' bottom line is money, why put the best product out there? Hopefully competition will at least force their hand to continue to be innovative and develop new ideas that push consumer experience forward.

We continue to go back because our positive experiences definitely outweigh the poor. We compare to other options and as far as amusement parks are concerned even if Disney was operating at 50% of their potential it still destroys most of what else is out there across the U.S. The concrete unimaginative jungles that are just about pressing steel toward the sky don't exactly get me into a tizzy when planning a vacation.

Disney World has a lot of hotel rooms to fill, and they are enticing you to stay on property and never leave. The new FP and MagicBand and all that nonsense is about your dollars staying within those walls. I don't think it's about only allowing the financial "elite" to enjoy Disney, that's a ridiculous long-term business model.

In the end, Disney's shortcutting with their operational and customer service standards can always lead to a major decline in market share in Orlando.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR ALERT!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    In my opinion, these conversations would be much more constructive if we all calmly explained our viewpoints without trying to invalidate our fellow ICOT members viewpoints.

When any of us (and I do mean all of us not anyone person in particular) use rhetoric to prove our point, the point often gets lost.

Just something to think about.
    Yes, this!

Post Thanks / Like

Any park that runs as much as WDW parks 12 hour days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year are going to have a few problems with maintains. You’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, so I would just suggest go when you feel like going and make the best of your own personal vacation. If you feel strongly about staying away please do, this way the people that enjoy going can have more room on the bus.

This is just my opinion NOT directed at anyone lol. I just don't understand why some people get so upset when things happen. It's just life and things happen in life that we can't control. Trust me I notice things have changed big time over the years, but I’m only there for a short vacation and I’m not going to spend it complaining about what is wrong and what should change. When we go to the parks we go with the attitude that we are going to have a good time, not get upset that a ride is down or our room wasn't ready, food wasn't good enough, buses are to slow, etc.. I’m just saying relax its vacation an expensive one, YES, but we choose to be there. I just love going and I will keep going until I can't make it happen for my family. Then we will move on
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last week myself. Our last visit was the summer of 2011.

I noticed a big difference from that last trip to last week, in a positive way!

I felt the last trip had lots of little things that didn't work (Splash Mountain AA's, Illuminations Globe). The rides were all up and running, but just little things nagged me.

This last week, 7/2013, I didn't notice nearly as much broken or not working. I heard awhile back that New Fantasyland redirected a lot of people and priorities were changed for that time period. This time it seemed to be much better and cleaner too. Just my opinion though, we had a great vacation compared to the last time. I am a veteran too, this is probably visit #20 for me, so I have seen how stuff is supposed to look and work.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: