Quantcast 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend Official INTERCOT Meet - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

Oh, and today I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill and had NO pain. At all. Usually, my pain starts around the 4 mile mark. Maybe the 1/2 will be in my future after all...
    Go Nat!

Cody, relax sweetie! I won't have a previous half marathon time to send to runDisney when I register for the half, but I've been advised by a friend who ran this year to find a 10K to do in the fall, and then update runDisney with that time to get a more accurate corral placement. My sister is coming with me, but we will not likely be in the same corral because we have different paces and neither of us wants to hold the other one back. For a first time runner, you don't want to overdo it by being in a corral that is going too quickly for your comfortable pace.

If you're nervous about running by yourself and need a buddy, once we're registered and the marathon weekend gets closer I'm sure we will post our corral assignments as they come in and find that many of us will be together.

Maybe it would be helpful to post a runDisney FAQ sticky with some definitions of runner-speak and a general outline of how corral placements work? The runDisney blog and website have been really helpful for me.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to panic you. My understanding is that you can always start in a corral behind you. So if you have a friend you want to run with, you just start together in the lower letter corral. In fact, I saw a few people doing this. So, no worries! It is a lot of fun and not nearly as stressful as it sounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Minnie View Post
    My understanding is that you can always start in a corral behind you. So if you have a friend you want to run with, you just start together in the lower letter corral.
    This is true. They do not discourage a person from entering a corral behind the one assigned. I was assigned E last year and went with my friend to corral G to which she was assigned. They would not let her run in E with me.

You will have a blast! It is so much fun to run down Main Street and through the castle!!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

I should have clarified. I meant they do not let people move "up" their corral placement. Anyone can move "down" if they desire.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    If you're nervous about running by yourself and need a buddy, once we're registered and the marathon weekend gets closer I'm sure we will post our corral assignments as they come in and find that many of us will be together.

Maybe it would be helpful to post a runDisney FAQ sticky with some definitions of runner-speak and a general outline of how corral placements work? The runDisney blog and website have been really helpful for me.
    I know-I am over thinking it and getting stressed out over nothing. I definitely don't want to get in a group that is faster than my pace... I know it will work out, I just don't know how it works and that is making things very confusing.
    I think an FAQ sticky would be very helpful. I know I'm not the only first timer in training for this

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, let me say.. no need to stress.

It's the happiest run (or walk) in the world. Entertainment, costumed entrants, lots of fun. No matter where you are you will have a good time. You will be able to run with your friend. Just pick the farthest back corral and enjoy yourselves. No need to join any group if you don't want to. That was only a suggestion.

I like to chat and be chatted at while on the move, so a pace team was great for me. I had to find and ask a cast member to move me up. The volunteer at the gate had no authority and told me to go find an official.. and he only let me in there because I was joining the pace team. Again, no guarantees.

I received my qualifying time by running a local 10k, unfortunately my time was horrible as I dropped off in agony, which is how I found out I had a hernia. My very poor time put me in the F corral. A good time in a short local run would place you farther up the line.
    Last edited by Patricia; 02-12-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamBeer View Post
    I will be there !
    , but oh no you didn't!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there !
    Cheryl? Is that you, lol!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! How did you know?

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh...she's officially one of us now.

Welcome to the boards, Cheryl!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! How did you know?
    You're the only senorita who didn't have a screen name, lol! You picked a good one!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

So I just saw this thread and think it's awesome! I haven't seen anyone mention it yet (although I may have missed it in 5 pages of posts), is anyone doing the Goofy Challenge? I'm planning on registering for it. My current plan is to take the 1/2 pretty easy and focus on the full. Just curious what others are doing.
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygoofball View Post
    So I just saw this thread and think it's awesome! I haven't seen anyone mention it yet (although I may have missed it in 5 pages of posts), is anyone doing the Goofy Challenge? I'm planning on registering for it. My current plan is to take the 1/2 pretty easy and focus on the full. Just curious what others are doing.
    Yup! My husband and I are. (Actually we are doing the 'Unofficial Dopey' and running the family 5K as well.) The way we figured it, we would be doing a training run the day before the half to work out any kinks anyway, may as well run with everyone else!

Nervous- but very excited.

Running the Capital 10K in Austin on April 7. Hoping to improve my corral placement.

Registration opens on April 9, everybody!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be doing my 4th Goofy in a row.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Long time, Beth. back to INTERCOT!

As you can see, a few are running the Goofy. My hubby normally does, but is skipping '14 in favor of doing it for the 10th anniversary in '15.

Good luck in your training!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Melanie!! It has been a loooong time, but I've been quite a ways away. Getting back into the groove now. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces at the race meet up!

Cer, I was thinking about doing the 5K as a warm up as well, but I didn't want to tell my husband I'd be spending another $50+ on a run. Maybe if I just charge it to the Disney card and pay it off, he'll never even notice...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Melanie!! It has been a loooong time, but I've been quite a ways away. Getting back into the groove now. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces at the race meet up!
    Did you marry someone in the service?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Did you marry someone in the service?
    Nope, not in the service. I got married in '06 to a SoCal guy and lived there for a few years (Disneyland annual passes!!), and then we moved to Eastern Europe where we've been doing mission work. We'll be heading back Stateside in two months, and I can hardly wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Amazing. What awesome memories and experiences for sure. Well, welcome back soon!! Living in Japan for 3 years, I was so ready to get home, so I get it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: