Quantcast Weirdest thing just happened...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weirdest thing just happened...

I was on the phone with central reservations doing a resort modification. I was on the automated part of the call...where they confirm phone # and address. Here's the weird part...they gave me an address that my husband and I lived at over 17 years ago! From when we were first married and hadn't even dreamed of going to WDW yet! And...we've been using the same address for all of our trips for the past 10 years!

When the cast member got on the phone, I asked him if he knew how on earth that may have happened. He had no idea. He was very cute tho...said maybe the info came from a past visit at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. HAHA!! Good one!

Anyway...just a weird little thing to share. Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this weird glitch??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We lived in an apartment in Georgia for 6 months about 9 years ago. My husband was attending a military officer training course and we knew he would be deployed after the training so we wanted to be together during these 6 months. We maintained our home back in Louisiana during this 6 month period. We had my mom mail all our bills to us so that we didn't have to deal with any change of address forms. The only things that came to our mail in Georgia were our local bills, rent, electricity, cable, internet, and such. Probably 6-7 years after that I placed an order with baby gap and for some reason my current address showed up as not existing. The package ended up getting delivered to the old apartment address! Fed ex told me it pulled up all past addresses for us and picked one to deliver this package to.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

They do keep some things on file. Is it possible you registered at the website, entered a contest, or requested a vacation video at any point in time? They could still have the address on file from that, perhaps.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...I suppose it's possible. Although, I don't even think we had a PC until maybe '97-'98!

Very strange occurance. Not bothered by it...just goes to show you that everything follows you around, I guess!

Post Thanks / Like

That happened to us I believe our visit in January '11. We hadn't received our vacation confirmation in snail mail yet. Waited a while, DBF called, they sent it to his previous apartment address he hadn't lived at for a few years by that time. It was very strange We ha already been on atleast 3 vacations with the new address by that time. We still never figured out how that happened. But they over nighted us our confirmation and corrected everything on their end. The strangest part was it was a DVC reservation and prior on his old address we werent DVC'ers at that point. So how they got the old address and our DVC address mixed up is beyond me. Strange how things like that happen. Hopefully you had it fixed now
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16