Quantcast Magic Your Way vs Park Hopper

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Your Way vs Park Hopper

Every visit we've made to Disney we always opt for the Park Hopper to allow us the most park experience if we want to jump around throughout the day. I'm just curious how many people go with Magic Your Way and how to make the most of that option? Thinking it might might be nice to save the money on that upgrade next trip...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not including the park hopper would require some additional pre-planning to make sure that you're picking the right park for each day of your trip. Going to the most crowded park without hoppers could really reduce your touring effectiveness.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on when you are going. If it's an extremely busy time your probably better off with a hopper so you can move as the crowd level dictates. Other than that I think you can get by without it, just requires a little more planning.

to INTERCOT
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I think you may be slightly confusing the ticket options. All ticket options for a resort stay are "Magic Your Way". The Park Hopper is an option to add to your "Magic Your Way" passes.

Park Hopper is ~$57 more per person
    Water Parks and More is another ~$22 per person.

For us, we do not park hop often. We go to the park we want to, take an afternoon break, and then go back to the park again for things we want to do again or new things.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

For $57 per person, I would always choose the hopper just for flexibility. Really, it's one meal for two people, or a couple of tshirts, versus total freedom to choose your mind on a whim.

You may have spent the day at MK, for instance, but when you are heading back to the hotel you just have a to-die-for craving for a french pastry. Hop on over to EPCOT and grab one. You're at AK for the day, random rain store (not all that unusual in central FL), so you decide you want to go to a more indoor park. Head over to EPCOT or MGM.

I never go without it myself.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    I never go without it myself.
    The way I see it though is that it is a $57 savings per person. If you need it, it can be added at any ticket booth during your stay. My feeling is to save unless I need to spend. It only takes about 5 minutes to have it added.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    I think you may be slightly confusing the ticket options. All ticket options for a resort stay are "Magic Your Way". The Park Hopper is an option to add to your "Magic Your Way" passes.

Park Hopper is ~$57 more per person
    Water Parks and More is another ~$22 per person.

For us, we do not park hop often. We go to the park we want to, take an afternoon break, and then go back to the park again for things we want to do again or new things.
    Side note question - so on the Base Ticket, you are allowed to go to one park, leave and take a break, then come back to the same park that evening?
    ~Sonya~
    WDW Trips:
    01 - Contemporary
    02 - Disney Cruise
    09 - OKW
    11 - AKL-Kidani
    12 - AKL-Kidani
    12 Christmas - Boardwalk Villas
    13 Halloween - Contemporary
    14 - Bay Lake Tower
    15 - Vero Beach & AKL-Kidani Village
    16 - CBR & Saratoga Springs
    17 - Saratoga Springs
    18 - Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. The Base Ticket allows you to go to one park each day and come and go as many times in the day as you want. You cannot however use another day's ticket to go to another park (the math on this makes it cheaper than the Park Hopper if you could). After the base ticket, you can opt for the other options: Park Hopper, Waterparks and More, and both.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    ~Sonya~
    WDW Trips:
    01 - Contemporary
    02 - Disney Cruise
    09 - OKW
    11 - AKL-Kidani
    12 - AKL-Kidani
    12 Christmas - Boardwalk Villas
    13 Halloween - Contemporary
    14 - Bay Lake Tower
    15 - Vero Beach & AKL-Kidani Village
    16 - CBR & Saratoga Springs
    17 - Saratoga Springs
    18 - Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I go with the Magic Your Way ticket, but that is because I have a young daughter that I believe is best if we didn't hop from park to park. When she gets older I will more than likely add this option.

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

We use to always do a 2 or 3 day park hopper. When Disney changed the way the price their tickets we decided to change.

Now, we will do a 6 or 7 day non park hopper, and it is cheaper than a 3 day park hopper. It has changed the way we vacation.

We use to go to the parks 3 days, and relax at the resort the other 3 or 4 days. The days we went to the parks, we went rope drop to park closing, hopping parks.

Now, we go to a park every day of our trip, but only for part of the day. Once you get up to 5 days on your tickets, it only costs another $10 (use to be $5) to add another day. So, we don't feel like we are wasting money if we hit a park a rope drop, head back to the resort after lunch. Some days we head back for dinner or fireworks, other days we don't go back.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

We have always purchased the park hopping option even when the kids were little. It just really takes the stress off of planning. We almost always come back to our resort, swim, nap, or just relax and refresh before heading to a theme park (whether it be the same one or a different one) for the evening.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

We never use the park hopper. I hate taking the time to wait on buses, monorails, boats, etc. there is plenty to do in one park to last all day. We just plan accordingly with our meals and we kind of know to avoid certain parks on weekends and such. We also go during off peak, so it's never that bad. We have done the hopper on a couple occasions but I just find it more work and more walking. We are open to close park people so I get enough walking in just one park per day. Not to mention the money we save.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never bought the park hopper option. Even back before they made it an extra cost option and it was included on every ticket, we never changed parks. It wastes a huge amount of your vacation time swapping parks. If we had it, we wouldn't use it.

I plan an itinerary months ahead of time. We have a park each day and then on Animal Kingdom day, since we wrap it up in the afternoon; we used to go to downtown disney but since they ruined it and took out Adventurers Club, we rarely go there anymore. Instead, we usually go off site to International Drive and eat somewhere and shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot imagine not having it. The thought of having to pick just one park and stick with it all day just makes me feel stressed out.

I think it's a HUGE convenience, and good "insurance" for being able to bail on a too crowded park.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I cannot imagine not having it. The thought of having to pick just one park and stick with it all day just makes me feel stressed out.

I think it's a HUGE convenience, and good "insurance" for being able to bail on a too crowded park.
    DITTO
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I love the convenience of a park hopper. For example, we can go to Animal Kingdom for the day and when it closes at 7:00 p.m. we have the option of hopping to another park which is open later, especially if there are Extra Magic Hours included in the other park! Then we have a full day of Animal Kingdom and can still see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

....since we usually have a few ADR's in Epcot ....and then spend part of the day there or in another park...the Park Hopper is the only way to go. The single park option is very limiting, and actually requires too much planning and no flexibility for the unforeseen ...like crazy crowds, weather (some parks a better in inclement weather than others), show times ....etc.

....without the Hopper option ...you are required to 'think' .....I don't do the thinking thing while on vacation ...that's done before the vacation starts.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, we have researched to see what parks have EMH before we arrive, only to discover that a different park offers EMH for a particular day for some reason. This is another reason to have Park hopping options.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I would add that I find Park Hoppers really valuable when I am staying at an Epcot resort ( YC/BC, Dolphin, etc). The ability to dine or just walk around World Showcase any evening, regardless of which park I spent the day at is worth the extra cost to me. I even like walking thru Epcot to use the monorail for trips to and from the Magic Kingdom or the monorail resorts. Your mileage may vary of course.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: