Quantcast New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot with New Hours

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot with New Hours

New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

by Pam Brandon,Disney Parks Food Writer
    The Official Disney Parks Blog
    January 11, 2013

What a treat! The big, new Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles at the France Pavilion opens each morning at 9 a.m. – ahead of the 11 a.m. opening of World Showcase – so you can sip a latte with a chocolate croissant to start the day . . . or a cappuccino with a chaussons au pomme (apple turnover) . . . or an espresso with an éclair. And that’s just a taste of the expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long.

The new bakery is “at least 10 times” larger than the former sweet shop, says manager Eric Weistroffer, which soon will become and Glacier, an ice cream shop. Located in the space adjacent to the France movie theater exit, Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles offers sweets, soups, sandwiches, salads and authentic French dishes such as quiche, Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese) and pissaladiere, the pizza-like dish from the South of France, this version with tomatoes, olives and Gruyère.

The Lyonnaise salad is another classic, with frisee, bacon, eggs, croutons and light vinaigrette. Add pumpkin soup or lobster bisque for a satisfying meal. Plenty of choices are on the Disney Dining Plan.

You can imagine the wonderful aromas with French artisan bakers in the beautiful onstage bakery. Grab a seat in the courtyard and watch the world go by as you sip a Champagne and share a cheese plate and baguette. La vie est belle (life is beautiful)!
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Open at nine! I'm excited about the bakery, which looks good and much larger than the old one (which is becoming an ice cream parlor, also cool). But that they're opening for breakfast is a surprise to me and really great news.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Got pics of it yesterday up on our Twitter feed. It's huge!!! Although now it looks a bit more like a cafeteria than a quaint bakery.

I resisted buying anything. Maybe tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Yum! The only thing that would make this better is a back entrance from the Boardwalk.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

So, how would you get to it when World Showcase is roped off early in the morning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Open at nine! I'm excited about the bakery, which looks good and much larger than the old one (which is becoming an ice cream parlor, also cool). But that they're opening for breakfast is a surprise to me and really great news.
    I wonder if that's a permanent opening time or just while Boardwalk Bakery is closed?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a fabulous spot to have breakfast in the morning!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Mel's Pictures on our Twitter feed, in case anyone missed them:

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles 1

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles 2
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

The new location looks awesome! I just hope I can actually get some decent service when I go in to try out any new pastries they may have. The last few times I have been to this bakery I have gotten very poor customer service. Only venue on Disney property I've had this issue with.
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    So, how would you get to it when World Showcase is roped off early in the morning?
    The walkway from the International Gateway is open through the United Kingdom, Canada and the rose garden to Future World for people entering that way. It would be easy enough to move the rope at the bridge to France back far enough to enter the bakery.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!! The old bakery was a favorite breakfast spot of ours in the days when all of Epcot (including World Showcase) opened at 9 a.m. At that time of the morning, the area was mostly deserted (which probably led to the later opening time of World Showcase) making it a lovely place to linger and eat.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to see this. However, I too enjoyed the quaintness of the old shop. It could be impossibly crowded at times, but it was so charming. I'm sure I'll get used to this, simply because I LOVE the desserts!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to check it out. The bakery has always been a favorite of mine. Can't wait for a ham and cheese croissant this week!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, the new bakery is lovely. My husband and I had lunch there on Saturday. Just like the one before, they have two identical lines operating, so when you get to the main case, you can go either left or right and get the same items. When we were there it appeared that everyone was not aware of this as the line to the left was much longer than the line to the right.

Seating is tight, so be aware of this if you want to sit at a table. They do have standing bars to eat from, but these were not really being used and just sort of strange to eat at, so be on the lookout for a table and clear out quickly when you're done so other folks can sit, too.

I think it is a definite improvement over the the dark and cramped bakery before, but they could take in that whole shopping area for seating and I have no doubt that it would be utilized.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the seating is exactly the same. Tables indoors and the 7 or 8 little tables outside. The only space increase is in the bakery itself.

I checked it out three times over the past weekend. Saturday afternoon was a ZOO, and we didn't attempt to try anything. Sunday morning, while my hubby was running 26.2 miles, I was enjoying a wonderful strawberry tart (have no idea what the 'official' name is). Man, it was good! I felt kinda guilty enjoying that little piece of heaven while he was running. Kinda. I'm generally a huge fan of any of the tarts available at WDW.

I'd suggest going first thing in the morning if you want to get in while it's uncrowded and you're able to really look over the offerings and find good seating.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another good choice for lunch/dinner, along with the Norway bakery. I may never have a CS burger or chicken sandwich in EPCOT again.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    That sounds awesome, but I bet it will be really crowded in the mornings! It's also a long walk back to Soarin' so it's best to pick up a fastpass on the way there!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

DW and I area really looking forward to enjoying a breakfast there on our upcoming trip. And a lunch or two as well!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there - the display of food is so beautiful I wanted to try one of everything! The sandwiches all looked good but I just got a chocolate eclair .

Plenty of seating- a little crowded ( tables close to each other) but with the inside and outside tables, lots of seats.

And I liked the location - to the back and left side of gift shop.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

sad, i forgot to go in there. Something about ending the Goofy challenge in the world showcase really didnt appeal to browsing there later in the week and I totally forgot about it.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD