Quantcast Surprise At Check-In

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

....although not occurring at my check-in (at the POP concierge counter), this past August we were offered a free up-grade to AoA from our room at POP. My brother was staying at AoA with his family (their first WDW visit) and had mentioned at his check-in that we were staying at POP. My brother has a son with autism and we were going to be their 'tour guide" for their first time there, and to help out where we could. I guess my brother mentioned it to someone at the concierge desk in AoA ...and they told him that they'd not only do a free upgrade for us to an AoA family suite, so we'd be near my brother, but that they'd actually "move" us over to AoA. (we were already unpacked and settled into our room at POP).

....now ...at that time, the AoA Lion King suites had only been opened for 10 days prior to their (my brothers family) and our arrival at POP, and maybe the 'popularity' of AoA hadn't caught on ....but there was no way that were at full occupancy (very strange) and could make that offer to us.

...by the way ....we tuned down the offer. We had visited my brother's room in the Lion King section ...and frankly ....we weren't thrilled by the 'decor' ...and we had a great, preferred room location in the 60's Building 4 at POP (ground floor, poolside, 1st room closest to the bar and main hall) ...and I guess we were just creatures of habit after 9 times at POP, and liked that better.

....but it's nice to know that WDW can, and does provide surprise perks now and then.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice to see the magic when its unexpected. They do what they can when they can.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Several years back, my family and I went to the Polynesian, and had a lagoon view room. When we went to check in, they told us that we were upgraded to the Club Level, theme park view. I had never seen my parents cry of joy like they did. We enjoyed the time there so much, that this year are actually paying extra for the club level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thewolvescall13 View Post
    Several years back, my family and I went to the Polynesian, and had a lagoon view room. When we went to check in, they told us that we were upgraded to the Club Level, theme park view. I had never seen my parents cry of joy like they did. We enjoyed the time there so much, that this year are actually paying extra for the club level.

thewolvescall13, welcome to INTERCOT!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We regularly receive upgrades at the Dolphin to better views as part of the Starwood membership. We've been upgraded to suites, balcony rooms, and Epcot views. We have even had them give us much lower rates once we arrive for a better view.

We have also been upgraded on at least three occasions at the AKL. Twice we were upgraded from standard views to Pool views and twice we were upgraded to Savanna views. Not once have we ever actually stayed in a standard view room although that is all we have ever payed for.

We arrived a day early for our reservations one year and they didn't have a room available at the AKL where we were staying at a great rate, so they gave us a room at the Beach Club for one night at the same rate as our AKL room. That was very nice and we did not ask for it and were prepared to pay full price on our arrival.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: