Quantcast POFQ or POR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POFQ or POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ or POR

My family and I (7 adults and 1 infant) are planning a trip to DW from Jan 31 to Feb 3, 2013. We are currently booked in four rooms at POFQ.
    I was exploring the DW website and I saw with the discounts that we have (Florida residents and/or annual passholders), we can save about $250 if we switch to POR.
    Couple of things I have to consider, I have a TiW card, which can use at POFQ, but not at POR, and that POFQ is a smaller resort because my mother will be in a scooter for the trip.
    Which one would you chose? I know that either way I cannot go wrong, just wanted some advice from you.

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge POFQ fan, and for $250 I wouldn't switch.

The love that POFQ is smaller, and so much easier to get around. Being able to use the TiW card is a bonus too. Being central to the main building, and having only one bus stop (if you're taking the busses) is also a huge plus.

But, I just got back from a POR stay (our second) and again it was just fine. It is a bonus having the larger food court, and the quiet pools (which were almost empty the whole time we were there) was a bonus too.

If the savings is $250 a room, so $1000 total, then I'd move ... you can buy a lot with $1000. Otherwise, I'd stay put, POFQ is (for us anyways) a nicer place to stay.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We loved POFQ, did not like POR at all.

With the scooter I'd go with the smaller resort, POFQ, for sure. It is such an easy resort to navigate. That's one of the things we loved most about it!

Just wondering, why can you use your TIW card at POFQ, but not at POR? What is the difference?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Just wondering, why can you use your TIW card at POFQ, but not at POR? What is the difference?
    It's because there is not a table service restaurant at the POFQ but there is one at POR. If there is a not a table service option, they generally give the discount at the resort food court. You can use it at all the values for the same reason.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I like both resorts and have stayed multiple times at both.

I think it really comes down to what atmosphere you prefer and what amenities you want.

POR does have a better food court, a bigger store, most of the amenities like the boat and bike rentals and a more interesting pool. There are distinct feels to the bayou and mansion sections and that is really personal preference.

POFQ is smaller and easier to get around. I really like the theming of the resort and have always enjoyed it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It has been awhile, but PoFQ has the bus stop there first before continuing on to PoR. My wife hurt her leg, we rented a scooter and getting on the bus earlier was easier (plus usually more seats).
    I do not think you can go wrong either way, but i like the smaller resort

Post Thanks / Like

If the smaller resort is very important, then I'd stick with FQ. That is the one huge plus it has.

As for amenities and atmosphere, my choice is always, always, always POR. I'm one of the few on these boards that doesn't like FQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    It has been awhile, but PoFQ has the bus stop there first before continuing on to PoR. My wife hurt her leg, we rented a scooter and getting on the bus earlier was easier (plus usually more seats).
    I do not think you can go wrong either way, but i like the smaller resort
    I don't know that they share buses all the time. We did a rental car instead this trip, but did use the bus on occassion. I know from the MK that POR had its own station as did POFQ, so I don't know that they necessarily share buses anymore, or not all the time anyway.

We just got back from 10 days at POR, loved it. Saw Yee Haa Bob Jackson at the River Roost several times. We did drive over to FQ for begneits one morning and it did remind us that we did like that resort too, even though its been 10+ years since we stayed there.

Can't go wrong with either resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at both - loved both. Like others have said, it depends on what you like - large and expansive or smaller, more quaint. I do like the food court better at POR. Variety seemed better; the pasta station was awesome.

As for the busses, it was hit or miss. During our last stay at POR, the busses stopped at POFQ first at the beginning of the trip. By the end of the trip, POFQ had it's own bus. When staying at POFQ the previous trip, we shared busses the whole time.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

I'm booked into POFQ in mid-July next year. The last time we were there was in 2001. (Back when POR was Dixie Landings) Really liked the FQ and hopefully will have the same experience again.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: