Quantcast Wreck-it Ralph - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wreck-it Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Movie was tremendous, especially for VG geeks like wife and I.

SPOILERS

Too many hilarious bits to name them all, but I lost it when the Konami code was used on the NES controller.

And I thought for sure M. Bison saying "You're not going Turbo are you?" was a reference to Street Fighter 2 bosses becoming playable in Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Much funnier that way imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Me too! You could tell who the old school video gamers were in the theater because everyone who knew what that was burst out laughing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Right up to the very end of the credits, where it finishes with a "kill screen"

Loved the film. Non-gamers will love it too I think.
    Oooo, I don't know. Was thinking about seeing it but these comments make me think a lot of the humor will go right over my head.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    You could tell who the old school video gamers were in the theater because everyone who knew what that was burst out laughing!
    Loved the Contra cheat code reference when the King used the up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B,A, Start as the combination to the lock.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Wreck-It Ralph at the drive in this past weekend. Thought it was very good. Good story and characters, and the old school video game refences were great. Loved seeing Qbert!!

On a side note, the second film of the double feature was Frankenweenie. I am not much of a Tim Burton fan, but we enjoyed that also.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm in the minority I really didn't think it was GREAT!
    I was excited to see it, I thought it looked really cute from the trailers. But thought it was just OK.

Maybe Bc I'm not a gamer

I did catch the cheat (not which cheat specifically, but I recognized it as a cheat) and loved seeing the old Nintendo control (reminded me of my childhood ) I thought the idea of the video game characters going through the plugs to meet up was cute.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: