Quantcast Embarassing moments in the parks - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of another one. My parents were in town and we went to EPCOT. We were sitting on the bench behind all the people watching the Voices of Liberty in the rotunda. It was a hot day and we had just eaten.

My mother is sitting next to me and the next thing I know is I look over and see her lying on her side beside the bench. Yes she had fell asleep and fallen off the bench. We laughed so hard and tried not to disturb the performance.

The only thing that would have made it more embarrassing for my mother would have been had we been sitting BEHIND the Voices of Liberty instead of BEHIND THE PEOPLE watching the Voices of Liberty.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is Awesome Donald A!!!!! So funny!!! I could see this happening to me or my husband!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh, mines in EPCOT.

We we're eating dinner in Italy in the main sit down restaurant. I was all of 15 (so ten years ago). I had ordered a very large bowl of pesto linguine.

Now I have a habit of having to eat my pasta very hot. Once it begins to cool I'm really not interested anymore. I got about 1/2 way through the dish and it was cool so I was done, but to be fair I was pretty full anyway. The waiter came and asked if something was wrong. Before I could open my mouth my then 10 year old sister pipped up to say it was too cold for me to eat. The waiter thought it was cold all along, whisked the plate away and brought out a huge new platter of pasta.

I struggled through a whole other plate, mortified at the gorgeous Italian waiter who kept coming to check to make sure it was ok this time. My family still talks about how embarrassed I was.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is phenomenal! I have two embarrassing moments, both on the trip where we took our massive children's ministry on a retreat to WDW this summer.

1. Me, DBF, and my children's pastor's teenage son Josh were chaperoning 3 groups that we had taken to AK. We had just made it off of KRR and were soaked, so the kids thought it would be fun to run to Dinosaur and sit in the air-condition because they know I hate being cold and wet (gotta love kids, right?!). As we made it over to Dinosaur, there were families piling back out of the standby line because it was down, so we took this as an opportunity to sit the kids in the sun, eat their lunch, and hopefully dry them out some! We all (25 or so) took a seat next to the strollers. The kids all sat down, but as soon as one stood up, they realized that their wet butts were leaving prints on the ground! They were thrilled about this, but Josh was not. Josh found what looked to be an abandoned Disney stroller and sat down in it to avoid the kids picking on him about his butt print. He kicked back and started dozing off at about the time the family who owned the stroller came back. Let's just say they were irate and Joshua was mortified! Not only was he a teenage kid sitting in someone's stroller, but now it had his wet butt print in it!

2. Hall of Presidents. With 25 kids. My cousin from southern Alabama was on this trip with us, along with a few other overly "knowledgable" and outspoken children. I say "knowledgable" tentatively because their knowledge is what they hear at home and school. Let's just say that when Obama started to speak, my lovely redneck children started yelling and booing. The entire auditorium was looking back at our large group of kids who were booing Obama and yelling about health care of all things, some even standing up out of their chairs. All DBF and I could do was burry our faces. There was no stopping these fierce 4th grade kids. Needless to say, people did not appreciate us and we had to threaten them with pain of death to not say a word as we were leaving. And I LOVE the Hall of Presidents. :P
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

1) Cast: My wife and I, my SIL, her daughter and granddaughter. We were staying at the FW Cabins. My wife and I slept in the Murphy bed while the others slept in the bedroom.

One night, my niece (SIL's granddaughter), who was about 3 years old, climbed in the Murphy bed with my wife and I.

This was in January, so the busses weren't that full and basically, anyone could listen to everyone else's conversation. While on the bus the next morning on the way to the parks, I asked my niece why she climbing in our bed the prior night. Without missing a a beat, she fanned her hand in front on her nose and loudly proclaimed, "Because MiMi (her grandmother/my SIL) was a bit gassy last night, if you know what I mean!" Of course, I had to push it just a little but farther and point out MiMi to everyone.

2) cast: my wife and I. It was the end of a long day that started at 0300 when I woke up for the marathon. It was now about 8:30 pm and were were just seated for our 7:30 ADR's at Ohana. I was tired, hungry and very very annoyed.

So, here comes the coconut races. One little girl's coconut ended up underneath our table. Every time I pushed it out with my foot, the little girl pushed it back under with her broom. He mother told her to get her coconut and the little girl kept saying, "I can't. Its staring at me!" (apparently, it had a couple of marks on it that looked like eyes.)

Well, her mother decided she was going to take matters into her own hand. The mother crawled UNDER MY TABLE to get the coconut. She was literally crawling on her hands and knees, bumping into our legs, fishing around in the dark for the coconut. When she got the coconut, she got up, grabbed her daughter's hand, and walked away without even apologizing. My wife and I were mortified.

Cut to the next day. We were on a semi empty bus going to the parks. A lady in front of me asked aloud if anyone has eaten at Ohana because she had ADR's that night. I was giving her my opinion and finished by adding, "Dont get a table by the "racetrack." we were there last night and some unruly girl kept shoving a coconut under my table until her nutty mother crawled under my table to get it."

Then from behind me, a lady said, "That was you? Sometimes my daughter doesnt listen very well."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post

Then from behind me, a lady said, "That was you? Sometimes my daughter doesnt listen very well."
    I got a good laugh out of this one....I didn't see it coming......Open mouth and insert foot. lol The odds that you both would be at the same restaurant at the same time and presumably staying at the same resort and end up on the same bus the next morning are astronomical.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Mine was at Cinderella's royal table. My problem is being a mid 40's adult that is TERRIFIED of costumed characters. (eyah . . . you can probably see this coming already . .)

I didn't know that there would be door mice at dinner- I was told only Princesses (which I am okay with). I headed to the washroom and as I am coming back up the stairs, I see the dreaded door mouse coming down the stairs at me. For a moment I froze, stopped breathing and full on panic attack kicks in. I backed up, tripped on those narrow, stupid little stairs and fell backwards down about four of them (while hanging for dear life on to the railing) before I realized that the mouse was NOT coming down the stairs. As I'm trying to get my feet back under me, I realized that I had been one step from piling into Cinderella, who had been coming up the stairs behind me. She was staring at me on the floor and although she was far too polite to show it, I'm sure she thought I was a complete nut job!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!! But honestly - SHE is the one who SHOULD have been embarassed. I certainly wouldn't have spoken up on the bus if I had been her ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
    this isnt my emberassing moment, its my moms bfs. His name is larry.
    So we were standing by the fantasyland restrooms waiting for larrys daughter to finish up when larry suddenly had gas. Unaware of his surroundings and convinced that his gas would be silent, he let it out. To his surprise it was actually very loud. I started laughing really hard because bodily functions are hilarious for some reason, then i pointed behind him. He turned around and looked to find a lady holding her baby and sitting down on a bench directly behind him. He had pretty much farted directly on her and her babys face. She had a look of total disgust. Larry turned bright red which is funny because he is completely bald. He resembled a cherry. He apologized to her but we could not stop laughing about how emberassing it was.
    lol... Classic!
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

And that's our show, folks!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine isn't that embarassing compared, but it was at the time!
    I was at MK Pin trading. I keep my pins in a little tin that I ususally have to dig through to find a good one.
    I was crossing the bridge into Adventure Land and a CM catches my eye-she had good pins!! I reach into my bag, grab my tin and as I go to open it, realize it is upside down-it flies open and pins scatter on the ground every where..not too embarassing right? Well, I can't think of what to do next-so I just start yelling, fairly loud, There's Been a Pincident!..The poor CM looked Horrified, then she just started yelling Pincident and heped me pick them up!

Post Thanks / Like

Last April DW went down for a nice short romantic weekend aniversary trip. Two embarassing things happened.

1. I wore the wrong shoes on our first day in EPCOT. This caused 5 blisters on one foot and 4 on the other. These blisters hurt my feet so bad I was walking so gingerly the rest of our trip. I was walking like a Little old man of 105 and getting a lot of odd looks. I felt very embarrasssed and stupid becuase I knew better than to go into the parks in less than comfortable shoes.

2. As we were waiting for Magic the memories and you, we were standing in that "courtyard" in front of the stage where they have the small bronze statues. Im not sure if it has an official name. Anyway, I get this idea to take a cool picture of the Castle using the statue of Pinocchio as a silhouette. To get the picture required me leaning over the railing that was protecting the flowers behind us. Just... a... little .. farther....... Almost.. WOOOPS. Yep I feel backwards over the rail and tumbled into the flower garden. I would guess that about 250 people saw me. I got a lot of cheers/laughs. Only one person asked of I was ok but thats probably because I jumped up so fast im sure no one thought I was hurt. I was however, covered in potting soil and wishing I could hide I was so embarrassed. We looked the next day at where I fell, thinking the over night grounds crew would have fixed the flowers. Nope, it still looked like a 250lb dog rolled in them.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend came to Disney World with my family during our spring break trip in March '99 and we stayed in the Boardwalk Villas. One evening we just gotten back from EPCOT and were going to drop our shopping bags in our villa and come back out to the boardwalk. We walked under the balcony of the Bellevue Lounge and hear my Dad calling us. He was sitting outside with my Mom having drinks and asked us if we wanted something. My friend got so excited to have a drink she ran inside, headed for the stairs and halfway up she fell flat on her face. When she fell we were both shocked and then we laughed hysterically. My Dad had walked inside to meet us at the bar and he heard us laughing. When he came to the top of the stairs he saw my friend laying on the stairs and me sitting next to
    her laughing too hard to talk. It took a few minutes for us to tell them what happened. Now it's a big joke between us. When I'm at the Bordwalk I'll go take a picture of the stairs and text it to her or post it on Facebook. It's a joke that will never get old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    Mine isn't that embarassing compared, but it was at the time!
    I was at MK Pin trading. I keep my pins in a little tin that I ususally have to dig through to find a good one.
    I was crossing the bridge into Adventure Land and a CM catches my eye-she had good pins!! I reach into my bag, grab my tin and as I go to open it, realize it is upside down-it flies open and pins scatter on the ground every where..not too embarassing right? Well, I can't think of what to do next-so I just start yelling, fairly loud, There's Been a Pincident!..The poor CM looked Horrified, then she just started yelling Pincident and heped me pick them up!
    OMG - I'm laughing so hard!!! Did you have to file a pincident report? You certainly think fast on your feet ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

It happened to my daughter on our first trip together in 1992. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and she came back to the table with some strange looking stuff in a bowl. I asked her what it was, and she said it was oatmeal. Didn't look like oatmeal to me, so she tasted it only to find out she had scooped up a load of gravy.

After we finished laughing, she said "that's why a cast member was staring at her".

No doubt.....
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of wen my daughter grabbed a big scoop of "ice cream" from the buffet at Trail's End (under the heat lamp? really?). Turned out to be butter - which she discovered with her first big spoonful. Funniest thing - I posted that here at the time, and another poster said she'd done the same thing! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    It happened to my daughter on our first trip together in 1992. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and she came back to the table with some strange looking stuff in a bowl. I asked her what it was, and she said it was oatmeal. Didn't look like oatmeal to me, so she tasted it only to find out she had scooped up a load of gravy.

After we finished laughing, she said "that's why a cast member was staring at her".

No doubt.....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: