Quantcast Hidden Gem and Never again

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hidden Gem and Never again

What do you consider to be the hidden Gem in ts in Disney?
    What place do you LOVE?

and for the oppostite

Which place do you think is overrated? and what place do you say you will never eat at again?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hideen Gem: Grand Floridian Cafe

Never again: 1900 Park Fare
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem - The Plaza Restaurant in MK - great food, fun server, yummy ice cream and shakes, can't beat the convenience of the location.
    Never Again - Whispering Canyon Cafe - food was uninspired, server was uninterested, and location made it hard to get to via Disney transportation (a lot of time and connections, for a not great meal)

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Grand Floridian Cafe, yummy food, never packed, beautiful setting, wonderful service.

Never Again: Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was just ok, the service was rotten, and those princesses could not have been less interested to be that. Add that all to the price, and there are far better character meals to be had.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We have always LOVED the San Angel Inn. We went about 3 weeks ago, and it was the best meal we've had in a while. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was great, the atmosphere is the most magical in WDW to me. We loved it, and have nothing negative to say about it. Also, love all of the AKL restaurants, especially Jiko and Sanaa.

Our least favorite (even thought I don't like to say "never again") is Tokyo Dining. It was super jam packed, really noisy (to the point that I couldn't hear our server), and the food was just so-so.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden gem: The Wave, great food and service. A nice place for a quiet dinner.

NEVER AGAIN: Capt Jacks, Terrible food, terrible service. nuff said....
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe
    Never Again: Big River Grille and Brewing Works
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    We have always LOVED the San Angel Inn. We went about 3 weeks ago, and it was the best meal we've had in a while. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was great, the atmosphere is the most magical in WDW to me. We loved it, and have nothing negative to say about it. Also, love all of the AKL restaurants, especially Jiko and Sanaa.

Our least favorite (even thought I don't like to say "never again") is Tokyo Dining. It was super jam packed, really noisy (to the point that I couldn't hear our server), and the food was just so-so.
    Ironically, our hidden gems would be Tokyo DIning and Sanaa. We seek them out whenever we can. It really is amazing how the timing and experience of an evening at one of these places can affect our opinions.

Our least favorite (because of 2 bad experiences) is Coral Reef, but I know plenty of people who love it there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe. Always a great meal.

Never Again: Cape May Cafe. We have been here for dinner twice but found it to be a bit disappointing the second time.
    "We're too excited too sleep!"

1979 & 1981 Off Property
    April 2002 POR
    January 2003 POR & BC
    April 2004 POFQ
    January 2005 POP
    November 05 CBR 20th Anniv
    January 2007 WL
    January 2008 WL
    December 2008 POR
    November 2010 POFQ 25th Anniv
    Next trip 2013 January POR

Post Thanks / Like

Hidded Gem: Teppen Edo - you don't hear much about this place, but I love to eat here. The steak is really good, and scallops are incredible. Great atmsophere and a good price for those not on the DDP.

Overrated: Garden Grill - I heard so much hype, but I was really let down. I'm not saying I wouldn't return, but I don't see the point will all other great places to eat at Epcot. *side note-Be Our Guest is overrated, though I've never been there. It simply can't live up to the hype it's received.*

Never Eat Again: San Angel - Bland food, slow service, and never able to get a good table = never return.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Wolfgang Puck Express DTD. We love the pizzas, the chicken, the meatloaf, the pastas, and the creme brulee. We're going to wear them out when we visit in December on the quick-service dining plan.

Never Again: California Grill. Too noisy and chaotic and we're not crazy about the menu or the prices. The best part for us was getting to watch Wishes from the observation deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem? 'Ohanas. LOL - okay, that is SO not "hidden" but is the only place we all whole-heartedly adore and will eat over and over.
    Never again? Honestly - most character meals. Tired of mediocre food, chaotic environment and being rushed through our meals. But if Whispering Canyon doesn't go back to a full menu it will be the one place I wouldn't go back to even if I was starving to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Captain's Grille. This was the first time eating here on our recent trip. Loved it. Steak was cooked just right and it was so tender.

Never Again: (2) Chefs de France and Whispering Canyon.

Speaking of Whispering Canyon, I hope that if enough people stop going they'll change the menu back to what it was!

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Kouzzina. Love the menu. Several great choices. Lots of people don't go to the Boardwalk, especially in the early evening.

Never Again: Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Too expensive without being worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Columbia Harbour House. It's the one place we go that never seems crowded, yet we love the food and the 2nd floor. I know everyone knows about it, yet it never is busy when we go.

Never Again: Kouzzina. We had ADRs for the Maya Grill, but when we showed up, the restaurant was closed because their grill was non-functional. So, we scrambled into Kouzzina. We got there, and had a long wait. The server was friendly enough, but we rarely saw her. When we got our food, it wasn't bad, but we were less than impressed. It may be that we were just having a long evening, and we weren't excited to be there in the first place, but we just didn't care for the menu.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem: Rose and Crown- It may not really be hidden, but it's not one of those reservations people scramble to get 180 days out and we've been able to get same day ressies there. The food is amazing!

Never Again: Coral Reef and San Angel. Food is mediocre at both. The tables at San Angel are packed into that dining room like sardines and the service at Coral Reef has been horrible both times we've tried it.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden gem: artist point- the mushroom soup is to die for

Never again: sci-fi dine in- very plain and limited menu and the food had no flavor. I could make better at home.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Overrated: *side note-Be Our Guest is overrated, though I've never been there. It simply can't live up to the hype it's received.*
    How can BOG be over-rated when it's not even open yet? I think the video and pictures of the decor/atmosphere far surpass the hype - the effects are amazing!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden Gem...The Plaza Restaurant

Never Again...Tony's
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Gem for me was Boma cafe. When I went, majority of food was great. Not crowded.

Never again: house of blues. Food wasn't all that. Very crowded and loud.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: