Quantcast DHS To Get Entertainment Changes - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Haven't read about any dates...

Replacement rumor for Voyage: a show based on Phineas and Ferb...
    Going for staying power I see... I didn't even know what that was, until someone tried explaining it to me recently. Didn't interest me enough to google it to see what they were really talking about.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tangled

Fineas and Ferb... not so much

Given the current water theming... how about another Nemo attraction? (three out of four parks)

Post Thanks / Like

I think both Phineas and Ferb and Tangled will work.

Phineas and Ferb is not timeless, but I think that is okay.I would have liked it better a year or two ago when it was first starting to be real popular. My kids still really like and always want to see the new episodes but they are a bit more excited about Gravity Falls.

In an ideal world, I could see this being the next step up from Disney Junior. Disney Junior gets updates as new shows become popular. So the Phineas and Ferb show could become the regular Disney Channel or Disney XD area and get updated every few years as well.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not a good sign that I had no idea who Phineas and Ferb are...too bad they couldn't bring the Aladdin show from DL (I know that would be impossible, I'm just saying)

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Phineas and Ferb is not timeless, but I think that is okay.I would have liked it better a year or two ago when it was first starting to be real popular. My kids still really like and always want to see the new episodes but they are a bit more excited about Gravity Falls.

My big kids were watching Gravity Falls tonight and I haven't heard them laugh that hard over a TV show in a long time. They're also big P&F fans.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    I'm so excited to hear this and to also see about sources saying Carsland is Green Lit. I've been going to Disney since Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios then) opened and couldn't be happier to finally see some changes going on in the park. I know we get negative about Disney fairly often, but maybe, just maybe, there are a FEW people in TDO that want to keep this vacation destination exactly that... a vacation destination. Regardless, I love Disney and think the place is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to see some changes come to fruition. C'mon Disney, don't let us down.

AND CUT AVATAR TO GIVE US AUSTRAILIA! (I'm dreaming about that)
    Carsland has not been greenlit yet... They are discussing proposals, competing proposals actually, so Disney corporate politics are coming into play here... It seems still likely Carsland, or some sort of it comes, but right now, it isn't greenlit yet... As for Avatar, if it is cut, that budget won't go anywhere, unless Joe Rohde has some powerful pull...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGlutton View Post
    It's probably not a good sign that I had no idea who Phineas and Ferb are...too bad they couldn't bring the Aladdin show from DL (I know that would be impossible, I'm just saying)
    I know who they are, I know of their show, and I know they are incredibly popular, but I have yet to watch one episode... Which, I think I am going to have to do in order to see what the fuss is all about...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I know who they are, I know of their show, and I know they are incredibly popular, but I have yet to watch one episode... Which, I think I am going to have to do in order to see what the fuss is all about...
    Be prepared to be underwhelmed on first viewing, except for Doofenshmirtz, who's the best character on the show. Some of the gags come from being "in" jokes after watching several episodes. It's a great combination of kid show mentality and tongue-in-cheek humor, not very edgy, so good for the grammar school crowd. Doofenschmirtz' humor is a bit more old-school goofy, so good for adults.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I like both the BATB and LM films. That said, I haven't seen the BATB stage show since it moved from over around Star Tours/Muppets area. At least I think that's where it was. Anyone else remember that? And I'm not talking about where Hunchback used to be. Anyway, I'm good with them moving forward with a Tangled show. Great movie!

On the other hand, I'll be kinda nostalgically sad that LM is going away. Every time I listen to the LM soundtrack, I'm taken back to the pre-show area and going to MGM in the early days. Yeah, I'll miss it, but moving on.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't miss B&B...never really enjoyed it. I thought the Hunchback show was a lot better. Tangled sounds like a good replacement though.

Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls (along with good luck charlie) are the only shows my kids and I can watch together on Disney Channel. Everything else is garbage.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Intrigued to see what they can do with a Tangled stage production. Beauty and the Beast is actually my all-time favorite animated Disney movie, but I've got to say that Tangled is in the top 5. If you haven't seen it, go get it. Very funny, good music (but not too much music). Who knew that Zachary Levi could sing?

To each their own, but I think that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid is just bad. We have seen it once, wished we hadn't, and have never thought twice about it again. Phineas and Ferb is funny, we have watched quite a few episodes, but not regular watchers. I haven't seen Gravity Falls, yet. We'll have to be on the lookout for it.

But I miss Kim Possible.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

DH will be devastated to hear that BB will be gone. It is his favorite. I like it too; but not as much as he does. He'll go see the show numerous times during our visits --- esp if we are on ToT. LOL As for the LM; I've only seen it once and thought it was cute. I just watched Tangled this afternoon and it would be a great replacement for BB. It was a very cute movie!!
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

My daughters will be sad to see both go but will quickly forget i'm sure after seeing the new shows.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

So no one remembers BATB stage show being somewhere other than it is today? I'm just wanting to remember the exact location. Maybe I'll ask on Twitter and see if anyone knows.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little research and found this on Wikipedia. It makes sense, because the trip I saw it on was in spring of '94.

The Original Version opened for the film's 1991 premiere. Its first performance was at 1:30pm on November 22, 1991, the same day the film was released. When the Theater of the Stars was moved in September 1993 (to make room for the construction of Sunset Boulevard), the show was temporarly moved to the Backlot Theater on New York Street. The show reopened in July 1994, in the now covered & newly rebuilt Theater of the Stars on Sunset Blvd.
    My memory is apparently failing me, because I was wrong about it not being in the Backlot theater. Strange, because I remember it being off to the side nearer Indiana Jones (kind of backing up to the CM parking lot) and us not being under cover. It was really hot! So I guess I'm crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't read about any dates...

We don't see Ariel every trip but have no interest in that new choice so I guess that is just one less activity at HS for us.

I love B&B but Tangled would be a great replacement! Beauty and the Beast just isnt the same without 4 for a dollar
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I did a little research and found this on Wikipedia. It makes sense, because the trip I saw it on was in spring of '94.

My memory is apparently failing me, because I was wrong about it not being in the Backlot theater. Strange, because I remember it being off to the side nearer Indiana Jones (kind of backing up to the CM parking lot) and us not being under cover. It was really hot! So I guess I'm crazy.
    I remember it bring there also and Tarzan was there afterwards when it got a covering. Was there a Hunchback show there for a short time?? Now it is an enclosed stage because my youngest danced on that stage 2 Decembers ago with Dance the Magic.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely don't like the fact that they're removing B&TB. (wondering if such an opinion is ok) I see it everytime and I still love it. I'm sure Tangled would be great, but will it have the staying power of what could be Disney's #1 princess for the last two decades.

As far as Mermaid goes, I'd hope they'd replace it with something with staying power - not Phineas and Ferb. I like that show, but how long can it last. Movies are forever - so they should maybe throw in something from the Incredibles or Toy Story or something.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I remember it bring there also and Tarzan was there afterwards when it got a covering. Was there a Hunchback show there for a short time?? Now it is an enclosed stage because my youngest danced on that stage 2 Decembers ago with Dance the Magic.
    Maybe that's it...it just wasn't covered when I saw B&TB there. I don't think Tarzan was ever in DHS, but Hunchback was there for a long while. It was a popular show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls (along with good luck charlie) are the only shows my kids and I can watch together on Disney Channel. Everything else is garbage.
    Amen! I've heard great things about Gravity Falls, but never seen it. On the other hand, DBF (24) and I will watch Phineas and Ferb for hours. I'm so sad that this show underwhelms people because I find it absolutely hysterical!

Also, I'm genuinely sad that B&tB is leaving. Not because it was a phenomenal show, but because this is the last remnant of the generation of Disney I grew up with... when they took out the Hunchback show ions ago, I was devastated because that was my favorite Disney movie at the time. And now, B&tB is one of the last things left of the 90s Disney generation aside from FotLK in AK... My nostalgic side is devastated to see it go. -sighs-
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Maybe that's it...it just wasn't covered when I saw B&TB there. I don't think Tarzan was ever in DHS, but Hunchback was there for a long while. It was a popular show.
    I used to write down what we did on each trip when the girls were younger and keep our list for the next trip to figure out what they liked for dining and rides. Wish I had those mini trip reports then I could see what shows we saw at the studios in the 90's.

Really - no Tarzan?? I seem to remember cables with him coming over part of the audience. We werent big fans of the Hunchback show but I know we saw it several times.

Wishes!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: