Quantcast What would you do on these days?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you do on these days?

I am working out some details for our upcoming trip (87 days!) and would love some input. Its been 5 years since our last trip, and the first time we are taking a slightly more structured approach, since we will have our 4 year old son and a close family (adult, not child, lol) friend along. I don't need every minute planned, but I would love some input on what people think the best park would be to combine with our ADRs/plans on certain days (especially bolded days), or if you would tweak plans I have in place. Thanks! Fyi, we have 8 day park hoppers for this trip, staying offsite and renting a car. Also my 4 year old is like the Energizer bunny and never stops, he can easily spend 10 hours in our local theme park as long as we keep him fed and hydrated

Monday (12/10) arrival day, plan to to do lunch outside the parks, check in to our hotel/get a little settled , then go to Disney Studios, hopefully have enough stamina for Fantasmic.

Tuesday: ADRs at Chef Mickeys at 8:30, and then MVMCP that night. I feel like Magic Kingdom after breakfast, plus MVMCP might be too much MK in one day(if there is such a thing)...so where would you go?

Wednesday, no plans so far...maybe a date night for me and DH. Epcot during the day?

Thursday: Spirit of Aloha at 5:15 (I know this isn't a favorite ADR on here, but my friend really wants to go)...not sure what park we should try to be at this day. MK is obviously the closest park, but based on the crowd calendar predictions I have been looking at, its supposed to be very crowded this day.

Friday: Animal KIngdom and Boma at 6:30pm

Saturday: I am going to try for the Dessert Party this day (maybe, I keep waffling on that). Otherwise, no plans for this day yet.

Sunday: 12:45 ADRs at Le Cellier w/the Candlelight Processional at 5pm (and hopefully sticking around for illuminations). Today will be an Epcot day for sure

Monday: We head home today, but our flight isn't until 7pm...I am thinking we will go visit whichever park turned out to be my DS's favorite this day, but nothing definite besides getting our selves over to MCO at some point.

Thanks for any input!
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking to break up Tuesday a bit you could leave MK midday you could take the boat to WL to see the tree and have lunch. (or GF to see the Gingerbread House)

Thursday might be a good day to go back to DHS early and see if you can ride TSM or at least grab a fastpass.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I second the idea of an early start on Thursday at DHS - get a fastpass for Toy Story, and you'll be able to fit in some of the shows you'll miss on your first day there.

For the Tuesday, you could head over to MK for the morning, until it gets busy, and then see how everyone is doing and either do some resort touring, or head back to your resort for a swim and get ready for the party.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I will be there at that time too

Hello there
    I will be getting married and be on my honeymoon that week and it's my birthday on Thursday. Lots of things to celebrate.
    I am following Touringplans for this visit. We are flying down from PA and getting married in Lakeland on Saturday. We are staying at Poly for this visit. Sunday we are hitting Magic Kingdom, DHS on Monday. Epcot on Tuesday, Wednesday - AK, Thursday DHS, Friday - MK. We leave late Saturday 7:00 also and we are doing Epcot again. We have all our ADR's lined up. We are doing the dining plan so we will be having three meals a day for most days at table restaurants. Dinners will be Sunday is Flying Fish, Monday - California Grill, Tues - Bistro, Wed - JIKO, Thurs - Citricos, Fri - Spirit of Aloha, Saturday - leaving. Touringplans really helped us to know what the crowds were going to be like in each park. For example, crowds on Magic Kingdom on Saturday the 7th will be at 9.2 out of 10. On Sunday, it drops to 2.0 out of 10. So we are doing Magic Kingdom that day. On Sunday, DHS is 6.0 but on Monday it is 3.3 so we will do DHS. On Tuesday all the parks are down so we decided to do Epcot which is at 1.5. and so on for the whole week. And it is Mickeys Christmas party on Tuesday so we might just swing over to Magic Kingdom for that.

Anyway there is a little more input for your trip. I hope you have a great one whichever parks you do whichever day you do them.

Post Thanks / Like

On Tuesday, I would do MK maybe through lunch. then either slowly tour the MK resorts (to get some rest) or head back to your resort and let your 4 yr old play and rest some. The parties run super late, so if you want to make the most of the party time, you don't want him running out of energy at 9 or 10pm
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: