Quantcast Short trip, not used to busy season, off site

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short trip, not used to busy season, off site

DBF and I both work in Florida elections and after this weeks primary we are exhausted! We haven't really seen each other this past month or two and we're thinking about visiting our favorite place this weekend for a little fun!

However, we are not used to going during the most busy season and we're wondering if its a bad idea considering we will probably stay off site and maybe make it into a day trip. We may even be staying a few hours outside of Orlando with family so we might not get into the parks until noon-ish.

Given that its a short stay and we're OS, I'm wondering if you guys have any good ideas as to how we can do this trip differently. I've thrown around a few ideas like visiting resorts and non-park locations.

Maybe spend a little time in a park when we can get some rides in (early morning on Sunday before we leave if we stay in orlando), or maybe during parade times.

I also thought about visiting where we met (a convention at the Yacht Club). We haven't been to the Boardwalk since.

We're season pass holders (not sure if we're in a black out day...probably should check that).

I just don't want to be stressed or feel like the trip was a waste if we only ride three rides or something like that. But then again...it's Disney. Its not a waste if you have a good time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Season Pass blackout ends on Friday 8-17. The crowds should be lower than early August because school starts Monday in many Florida counties. We'll be there too.

Post Thanks / Like

On the rare occasions when we've been in the parks during an extremely busy time (such as Presidents' Day weekend), we've headed mostly for the attractions that tend not to get lines regardless of how busy the parks are - the train ride around the perimeter of the park; the people mover - things like that. We still get to enjoy the park atmosphere and don't end up in long lines!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    The Season Pass blackout ends on Friday 8-17. The crowds should be lower than early August because school starts Monday in many Florida counties. We'll be there too.
    YAY! Enjoy your trip!

Good to know. I'm glad to hear crowds won't be as high.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: