Quantcast Magic Kingdom on Monday August 27th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Magic Kingdom on Monday August 27th

How hot will it be the last of week of August? I have never been to Florida in August. Will we be able to at least do the parks in the A.M. without too much trouble? Any advice? I'm all ears.....
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be crazy hot and humid, but totally managable, especially at Disney where you can alternate between the outside heat and indoor air conditioning.

We've been twice at the end of August, and it was HOT both times. But, we did well. Drink lots, enjoy the air conditioning (we walked through stores, etc every chance we got to stay cool) and alternated between hot outdoor attractions and inside ones.

We found the "mid-day" break didn't work so well for us, since we wanted to swim, and there was usually a thunderstorm, so no swimming.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - we have been there the last week of August on 2 occasions. As stated, it will be very hot and humid and you should plan for the afternoon thundershower, which really doesn't cool things off. It is best to get up early and do your main activities before noon. Try to do the "inside things" (Mickey's Philharmagic, Pirates, Hall of Presidents, etc) during the peak heat of the day. The water attractions are good to escape the heat, but are generally mobbed at mid-day. Even a quick stop in a store or a shady spot with a cool drink can be enought to revive you. Just know your limits and if you have kids in tow, make sure you don't make it a death march.

Hope this helps!

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillydan View Post
    Just know your limits and if you have kids in tow, make sure you don't make it a death march.
    This gave me a very odd visual.

Anyway, we were at Universal last year during that time and it was HOT. As others have said, make sure to stay hydrated, and carry ponchos for the pm thunderstorms! The ones we got stuck in last year were more of the 1 hour plus variety rather than the 20 minutes and gone, so it's better to be prepared.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We have been twice at that time, and it's hot, but if you are sure to take in some shows (I highly recommend Hall of Presidents. Not only is is a great sho, but it's long and air conditioned!) and drink lots of water (not soda) you should be just fine! We always were sure to leave midday for a swim and nap, then returned to the park later in the day. It's totally do-able, you just have to be smart!

Have fun!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thank you, we have Park Hoppers, so on the first day I was thinking MK in the morning, then in the evening, World Showcase for Illuminations, I thought that would be a nice combo. The next day Animal Kingdom and nothing else. Wednesday EPCOT for TEST TRACK and SOARING, Thursday Hollywood Studios for Rockin Roller Coaster and Hollywood Tower of Terror, and that's it. Then swimming the rest of the time. All the advice is good, and we will do our very best......
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good plan. 2 points to note: Test Track is closed for refurb. Also, you did not mention Fastpass Mania...I mean Toy Story Mania at DHS; If you plan to do it, it is very important to get fastpasses early.

Enjoy your trip.
    Last edited by phillydan; 07-17-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It will be hot and humid. So wear something cool, hat, wear sunscreen and drink plenty of
    water. Going in the shows and some of the rides will cool you off. Just take it slow and easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been going to WDW the last two weeks in August for quite a while now and am going again this year. Even though it is hot, I find it still enjoyable. The water rides like Splash Mountain are obviously popular during the heat so I highly recommend fast passing them. For MK, I suggest walking down Main Street through the Emporium and all the shops on the left hand side, since they are all connected to each other. I also suggest taking a break mid-day to go swimming and rehydrate back at the resort. In August, I find that Animal Kingdom is the most challenging park due to lack of shady areas, so we usually go right when the park opens and stay until around 12-12:30, then we go to another park for the rest of the day. Also, to stay hydrated, ask for a cup of water...they're free!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone that time of year 10 times. We'll be in the park on Aug 27 this year too.

We try to get to the park early. The first hour the park is open you have MK pretty much to yourself. The temps will get into the 90s by the afternoon, once in a while it gets into the high 90s, but not most of the time.

Count on a thundershower in the late afternoon. We are usually done with the park by 3 pm or so. We head back to the resort and get some pool or AC time.

Evenings are nice. I usually bring rain ponchos.

We got stuck at Disney in 2004 with hurricane Frances. It was still a Disney experience, if you can believe it.

You can get some AC at Philharmagic. The train ride is cool too. My DD16 stands in the splash zone of Splash Mountain to cool off.

Post Thanks / Like

This summer will be our third straight August trip. Chances are that it will be hot at that time of the year, but I think it's a little too early to narrow down the weather on a specific day. If you are prepared for all extreme circumstances, well, maybe not for snow, you will do just fine. I'm more concerned with hurricane activity. Let's wish us all luck in that regard.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we went in August it was insanely hot, and I felt like my tennis shoes were melting on the pavement!

But WDW is so great about having so many indoor things to do. Just be really careful and alert to staying hydrated and out of the sun as much as possible. Dehydration can really sneak up on you, especially when you are sweating buckets.

I would definitely try to go as early as possible, take a mid-day break, then hit the parks again at dusk. Take advantage of the night EMH if possible. Have fun!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: