Quantcast Two families sitting together at TS

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two families sitting together at TS

Planning a summer trip with my family and the family of a friend (traveling together, staying in same resort - different rooms, touring the parks together, etc.). We would like to also sit together at our TS meals. (A lot of together time, I know )

Has anyone every experienced setting this up with reservations, etc. before? Is this even possible? Both families will be on the dining plan - but as I said we are in different rooms paid for with different credit cards. There will be 7 of us total. Thanks for any input or advice.
    ASMov/CSR - Oct 2010
    CSR/Ft Wilderness Cabins - June 2009
    POFQ - June 2007
    AKL - First time to WDW! - Dec 2005

Anytime I purchase, read, watch, promote, or travel to (and purchase some more) anything Disney I am not spending money - I am investing in my future as a proud disney stock holder.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have traveled with extended family, or friends, several times. When traveling with others we always plan TS meals together and we've never had any issues. We have even had groups made up of families who were on the dining plan and some who were not on dining plan.

I think if your group is more than 9 or 10 people you have to call to book ADRs. I remember running into problems trying to book online, the system would only allow me to enter a certain number of guests.

When we are seated we let our server know who is on which ticket, who has dining plan, who is paying out of pocket. The bills come to the table divided into the groups we told them and each group pays for their meal either with dining play, cash, or credit card. For us it's been as simple as that.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished making our ADRs for a party of 9 and with the exception of Yak and Yeti was able to do them all online.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

We when have had smaller groups 8 or less, I booked it online.

On our last trip, there were 3 families with 4 in each. Everyone ended up booking their own ADR.
    When we got to the restaurant, we asked to be seated together and it was not a problem. We told the waiter we would have separate checks. When it came time to pay, we had one family on DDP, one on cash and DDP and one with TIW. There were no issues.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

When we go we are always a group of 9-14 because my husbands family goes with us. We always decide where we want to eat, Then I handle the reservations. I just go online and put the reservation in my name and get a table for 9 (or 14 if other SIL goes). Not all restaurants require you to call for large groups. I only had to call for one restaurant for our september trip and booked the others online. When you make the reservation it gives you a warning that some of your party may be seated at seperate tables. But that rarely happens and if it does they always set you beside each other.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Evil thought - sometime during our 9 member family group fun trip, I'll probably wish they would seat us at a different table.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Noted Agent C's reply...thought you could do more than 4 guests on TIW...wouldn't it have cheaper for the cash payer to do their family on the TIW as well? Just askin'.

Our experience with our usually large group is that most of the resturants can accomodate 8-12 member groups reasonably well....most are limited above 12...but second (or occasionally, third) table is always adjacent...best spot was 10 at the (now defunct) Restuarantasuras ...there is a trailer, which perfectly accomodated us.

SciFi cars can only accomodate 6, and largest table at Garden Grill only handles 6...In general, when calling for ADR's, most venues tend to advise you that they will split up parties of more than 8. Ohana can (and does) accomodate 16 or more. Chef Mickey has several large tables...once had 14 there...a plus is that those tables have a view of MK...makes for a great arrival night dinner before hitting the park. But on other occasions, especially for breakfast, we have had to settle for adjacent tables.
    We did Hollywood and Vine at one table for 16 (for a special Christmas Dinner....also did 14 at 1900 Park Faire...although we have also been split up there...Crystal Palace also usually splits us if there are more than 8 of us.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: