Quantcast Favorite Theme Park? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Favorite Theme Park

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom

67 49.63%
  • Epcot

53 39.26%
  • Hollywood Studios

8 5.93%
  • Animal Kingdom

7 5.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Pretty much exactly what I expected to see.

I've said it a million times, but Disney World's theme parks have gotten progressively worse since they've opened. The original continues to be the most popular while the two newest are distant also-rans. Let's face it ... if DHS or AK weren't tied to MK and Epcot their attendance would plummet.

Frankly, I'm flabbergasted that three people voted for Animal Kingdom, which is the park I would rank a distant last. Itzazhu.

I LOVE AK. EPCOT is still my first choice, I think its the music they play, always brings me back to old WDW memories from being a kid and traveling there with my parents.

But I love, love, love AK. I actually think the AK-hate comes mostly from old time disney fans. Whenever I talk to new guests or new disney fans AK tops out. Its a gorgeous park with a unique spin if you ask me. It has a peacefulness that I think the other parks lack and houses some of my favorite attractions.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

MK is the automatic for me,I'm kinda surprised how well epcot is doing in this poll!!??
    I like epcot too but sometimes in reading others replies,I get the feeling Epcot could be losing some of it's appeal.
    In contrast AK is really growing on me,I wish
    EE was functioning at it's intended plendor

Post Thanks / Like

I chose MK, but DHS is also a fave.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

There really should be more than one choice. For me it is a tie between MK and Epcot. But I chose Epcot because my daughter and I spent the majority of our visit last week there exploring and having a great time making memories.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is my favorite, but I would like for them to add a few more countries to the WS. I don't think they have added one since Norway back in the late 80's!

K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was suprised that Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios those are both great parks I cant believe some people on here dont love all the parks in particular . Personally I love them all and they are all about the same about same in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    That's a bit brutal, don't cha think?

Everyone enjoys their vacation in different ways and WDW offers a great cross section. It may be "azhu" to you, but it has a beauty all it's own (especially at night) And I will take it over any other park if given only a day.
    I agree it is a great park at night...but the big problem is that it almost always closes before night fall truly sets in. I like it OK, but we never do a whole day there....and regardless of the natazu phraseology, to my family it really is "Azhu" at heart ... & until its gets another high-end E-ticket type ride, lots of folks will see it that way.

By the way, I'm not sure why the whole "zoo thing" is considered to be such a perjorative, being a zoo isn't a bad thing...zoos are nice place to visit...and a zoo with rides is even better.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I went with EPCOT, but AK is a close second! MK would be third and DHS....can't stand most of it!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

for me it came down to must see attractions at each park and the feeling i have when i am in the park.
    from last to first-

AK- I love this park. it's calming at times So well done. But for me, it's half a day, 3/4 of a day at best. it's probably why i always go w/ a park hopper cause i know i won't go there long. For me i have to go on the safari, Nemo, and Lion King. everything else is cool, but if i got those three in, i could leave and be content. I will say for me, they do have the coolest christmas parade.

Epcot-this was really hard to put at 3. By far to me, the most beautiful park on the planet. So well done. The feeling at night is so awesome as well. so calming and cool, and nice. My all time favorite moment was going to American Adventure on the last show, right at park closing. by the time it was over the park was empty. I had a nice lesuire walk to the front w/ no one but me. it was so incredible. I did stop a lot to just take in the mood. Epcot is the one park you can go to and not go on one ride or show and be happy. but i would have to say i can't leave epcot unless i go on Soarin'. Imagination, and American Adventure.

MK- for me this is the anchor tenant. if i could only go to one park on a trip, this would be the one, but that doesn't make it my favorite. it's just because it's the real deal. No vacation at Disney begins until i walk down mainstreet. that one walk is always my favorite moment. Just being MK is enough. as far as rides and shows, i'd have to go on Peter pan, Small world, and Splash mountain, no trip to MK will be complete unless i do those 3 at least twice.

HS-Which leads me to my favorite, HS. I know it's not a popular park for many, but for me i just love the park. it's so alive. I love how out of no where a street show just starts up. I love the mood and how bright it is. But more importantly it has more must do rides and shows than any other park. I can't leave w/o doing Rock and roll rollercoaster, tower of terror, Walt-A man and his dream, Toy Story, fantasmic, American Idol, and beauty and the beast.
    Not to mention it's where they do the Imagineer luncheon at the brown derby, so that in it self makes it one of my favorites.

great poll, thanks for posting.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

No Problem!

Post Thanks / Like

Love MK! It's what most people think of when they hear Wlat Disney World. But I love parts of all the parks. MK is nostalgic, walking up Main St. USA towards Cinderellas castle...there's nothing quite like it. Epcot is amazing in so many ways and embodies culturalism. Love that each country employs ppl from that country. HS has 2 great rides, TOT & RNRC, but lousy dining choices. Animal Kingdom has EE and interesting trails to see animals. They all have great points!
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is MK, DH is HS
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for MK because for me there is nothing like walking down Main Street to start a trip. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for me from when my boys were small that will stay in my heart forever.

We do tend to spend more time at DHS now that they're older, it's definitely their favorite. While they're riding, I'm usually watching the street shows which I find very enjoyable.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My DH would say EP, but I am going with AK. The Studios we are not too fond of, but the other three are nearly even. Just a slight edge to AK. Less rides there, but there is just something about the ambience that I love.

Post Thanks / Like

I chose Magic Kingdom, but EPCOT is an extremely close second
    Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise - August 17 - 24, 2015
    Grand Californian Villas - October 14 - 19, 2014
    BLT 11/17/13 - 11/24/13
    DVC Member - 2012!!!!!!
    POFQ - November 25 - December 2, 2012
    BC - November 2008
    CS - April 2000

Post Thanks / Like

This is the order mine go in....

1st. Magic Kingdom - I love Magic Kingdom because it brings back memories and is very nastalgic. Plus I love almost all the classic Disney movies and almost every ride is themed to one of these movies so I love the rides too. Plus it just makes me feel like a 4 year old again with all the magic Plus it also has Splash Mountain my favorite ride !

Epcot (tied for first)- I love culture and learning new things. Plus I love the combination of the past, the present, and the future. Spaceship Earth and Soarin are also some of my favorite rides both make me feel so happy. Plus it has Figment so thats good too.

Animal Kingdom- I love animals and culture so this park is still really great. Plus it has some great shows!

Hollywood Studios - Last is Hollywood Studios great park but it just isnt as magical for me so it comes in at last. But it still is great. Because it has some fun rides and shows.(ex..Fantasmic,Tot, and Rockin Roller Coaster)

Post Thanks / Like

MK is and always has been my favorite. It's where I feel most like a little kid. But I love walking around Epcot especially at night.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing like that first visit "walk in" to the Magic Kingdom.

There is nothing like the smell on main street.

There is nothing like the first sound of "Wishes".

There is nothing like the Magic Kingdom.

~ The magicman

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney.

Didn't I tell you, this was the best Disney site (except for actually being there)!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom will always be my favorite
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: