Quantcast Resort help please!!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which resort?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boardwalk

24 40.00%
  • Contemporary

13 21.67%
  • Coronado Springs

4 6.67%
  • Grand Floridian

12 20.00%
  • Old Key West

7 11.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me like you'd be happiest with 2 rooms at Coronado Springs! I understand the desire to try something new...but when yu already have something that works perfectly maybe you should stick with it? On the other hand, I think my "dream" would be Grand Floridian - if you can stand the bathroom issue. I can guarantee it isn't filled with stuffy rich people! Pretty much anywhere you stay in Disney is fun and friendly - I've visited GF and it is the same bermuda shorts and flip-flops crowd as anywhere else. (wel, I wouldn't go to V & A's like that, but you know what I mean ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    We are thinking about 5 different resorts for our girls (and little man) stay next year. We will be in the World for 2 1/2 weeks in November with everyone and will stay in two rooms at Coronado Springs (our favorite). The girls (my mother and I) have started a new tradition of going down to Disney in the spring (April school vacation). This year it will be my mother, DD8, DD6, DS4, and myself (DD16 will be in California on a school trip, with a Disneyland stop ). We are trying to decide where to stay. So here are the thoughts and resorts so far.

Grand Floridian - Leaning towards it for proximity, monerail, and the opulence. A little disappointed that the bathroom isn't completely closed off from the rest of the room but I may be able to deal with that. (I'll admit I'm a little high maintenance and like to get up and iron everyone's clothing and primp before everyone else gets up. I really don't want to wake the children while I do). My other concern is the other guests at the resort. I don't want to vacation with a bunch of stuffy people who won't even bother to smile and say "Hello" in passing. I like fun, friendly people.

Contemporary - Leaning towards it again for proximity and the monerail (DS4 LOVES the monerail). Not at all thrilled with the decor and very concerned with the lack of balconies in the garden wing rooms. DM and I like to sit on the balcony and have wine at night while the children sleep. They are in bed early and we like to wind down and chat at night. I think I wouldalso prefer to not be in the tower but rather in the garden wings since we like to be away from the madness of the parks when back at the resort.

Boardwalk - Love the Boardwalk and the only hesitation is the bathroom issue. Both my mother and I take a little while to get ready in the morning and like to get up early, I'm worried about disturbing the children. We stayed one night here last year when we extended our stay last spring.

Old Key West - Thinking about a 1 bedroom villa. I love OKW but we have stayed there before, 2 weeks a few years back. Not all that impressed with the pool area but really enjoyed the tranquility of the resort and the laid back quiet feel to it. Sort of like a vacation from the vacation.

Coronado Springs - Our favorite resort on Disney property. It is our home away from home. We spent 18 days last November there and are looking forward to doing the same again this year. We could do 2 rooms here and have 2 bathrooms (solving the bathroom issue). Plenty of room to relax while the children sleep in the next room, we love the staff, the resort, and the pool area. There really isn't anything we don't like. But we were hoping to try something new hence my hesitation.

Whenever I have a Disney dilemma I turn to my Intercot friends. in advance!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coronado is my favorite, too. But if I could get the cash to spend, I'd stay at the Boardwalk. I've never stayed there, but great grounds and proximity to Epcot makes me want to stay there over any other place.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: