Quantcast Survivor: One World - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm not having any trouble figuring out who to root for ... for me it's Chelsea all the way. I think she's playing a great game so far, is likeable, intelligent, and good in the challenges. I like her far and away more than anyone else left, although I wouldn't really mind if Kim won either since I think she's done a good job, too.

Only thing with Kim is I don't think she has a chance ... she's I think she's one of those people who believes her own press and I think she feels like she's got everyone wrapped around her finger and the game in the bag.

I think she has dramatically underestimated some of the others in her alliance (Chelsea, Sab) and that she's going to get blindsided shortly. Unless I'm dramatically overestimating them, which I will admit is also possible.

I also think Tarzan is a dark horse to win it all. He could very easily sneak into the final three and if he does I think he'll have an honest shot at winning it all just because he's so smart. I think he could convince the jury members that he played a great stategic game, overcame being the oldest player, etc. and make a strong play for some votes.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I also think Tarzan is a dark horse to win it all. He could very easily sneak into the final three and if he does I think he'll have an honest shot at winning it all just because he's so smart. I think he could convince the jury members that he played a great stategic game, overcame being the oldest player, etc. and make a strong play for some votes.
    I have to agree with Ian here a little bit, Tarzan, while just very strange could sneak under the radar with the girls just long enough to make it to the finals and then maybe the guys would give it to him? Or even Kat if she is angry enough at the girls...
    Last edited by Ian; 05-04-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

This season my postings have been at a minimal as Ian seems to be posting my thoughts just before I do. I think you have it nailed down very well Ian.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

With all the Kim love out there and general cluelessness, I am hard-pressed to believe she isn't at least final four. I would love it if you're right and she gets a blindside vote out early. Also, Tarzan could be a really dangerous final three guy, I agree. I don't know why they wouldn't see that early enough to prevent it, though, because he's a guy and most of the jury are guys. You could guarantee some Tarzan votes strictly from voting along the original men vs women plan, so it's riskier than I imagine the women being toward the end. I think Christina is pretty safe at this point, too, because I don't think anyone thinks she can win.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think Tarzan's only real chance is the classic bitter jury syndrome. We know he and Jonas didn't get along and pretty certain he and Christina didn't get along either. Also, smart or not, he's going to have a pretty hard sell to try get them to believe he did anything more than to simply follow Kim's lead. If he does make final 3 then the jury make up will be 5-4 men to women, and I don't see all the men falling in to vote for him. I think Troyzan will ultimately vote for the best strategic player and I would think Mike/Jay would lean that same way. Leif would probably vote Tarzan but unless Jonas is over it, I don't think he would. Regardless, I'm not sure the women will let him get that far.

It's not a guarantee, but the way this is shaping up it appears that at least two worthy people might make final 3 for a change. A Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina final 3 would probably one of the most interesting ever. Maybe not so much for drama, but purely from the perspective that all will be viewed as good players, but who did it the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I have to agree with Ian here a little bit, Tarzan, while just very strange could sneak under the radar with the girls just long enough to make it to the finals and then maybe the guys would give it to him? Or even Kat if she is angry enough at the girls...
    If he makes it to the final three, why wouldn't he win. What better revenge can the men have on the women for picking them off one by one than by denying them the win?

Im not sure the women are smart enough to realize this.
    Last edited by Ian; 05-14-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    . I think Troyzan will ultimately vote for the best strategic player and I would think Mike/Jay would lean that same way.
    You think Troyzan would all the sudden become reasonable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    You think Troyzan would all the sudden become reasonable?
    Classic coach-like egomaniac. Just like his little showboating to Kat when he was getting his torch snuffed. I think he'll get on the soapbox and ultimately will vote for the person that played the best game. I don't think he's got any love for Tarzan, especially as Tarzan was taking orders from Kim while Troyzan and the others were scrambling.

While this season has been what is commonly called the classic "Pagonging" it does lack one thing, the usual malice that normally comes with eliminations. I think the men know that they doomed themselves, first by willingly going to tribal to vote out one of their own, then again for siding with the women post-merge. The women might be bitter against the women, but it doesn't feel like the same can be said of the men.

If Tarzan makes final 3 and gets into one of his speeches, no one will understand a word he says.

Post Thanks / Like

Well shoot, Tarzan was certainly making things interesting and I was hoping he would work his way into the end.

Oh well, finale Sunday night. My prediction....write out the check to Kim.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I think Kim is going to win it. She has all the other women wrapped around her finger and they all just follow her blindly. At least Tarzan was trying to shake things up a little. I'm pretty over the people who are left, so the finale is just kind of blah for me this time. But I'll still watch, of course!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Yep, I think Kim is going to win it. She has all the other women wrapped around her finger and they all just follow her blindly. At least Tarzan was trying to shake things up a little. I'm pretty over the people who are left, so the finale is just kind of blah for me this time. But I'll still watch, of course!
    I like Chelsea and Sabrina. Christina hasn't really earned a win (how is she in Alicia's pocket, after the way Alicia treated her?). Kim is not my favorite, and I do not understand all the adoration. Alicia would be the worst possible winner, to me. I suspect Sabrina might go next.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Well shoot, Tarzan was certainly making things interesting and I was hoping he would work his way into the end.
    I love Chelsea, so I'm really pulling for her to win but it seems like she may be on the outs a bit (probably because Kim thinks she'd have trouble beating her at the end).

The more of Kim I see the less I like her. She comes across to me as being very arrogant and self-centered. There were a few things she said last show (especially that comment on the yacht about "being pampered the way she's used to" or something) that just rubs me the wrong way.

I think someone could step up and beat her if they took the bull by the horns, but I doubt any of the sheeple left will do that. Chelsea would, but I don't think she can get anyone else to side with her.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone could step up and beat her if they took the bull by the horns, but I doubt any of the sheeple left will do that. Chelsea would, but I don't think she can get anyone else to side with her.

Chelsea is the only one for certain (that we know of) that knows that Kim has a Hidden Immunity Idol, which makes it hard for her to try and blindside Kim. If there was a time to do it, it would have been this past week with Alicia holding onto the immunity necklace. Depending on how secretive they could be, a simple Alicia, Christina, Tarzan, Sabrina alliance could have taken out Kim. For someone who's won two immunity challenges (and should have won the 3rd) you'd think there would be a bigger target on her back, especially since everyone keeps taking her on rewards. Now she is guaranteed to make at least final 4, and its hard to imagine her losing final immunity, regardless of who the other three are.

I don't know about Chelsea. I had hopes for her early on, but unless she can make final 3 without Kim or Sabrina sitting next to her, I don't think she can win. Only way she beats Kim is if 1)no Sabrina in final 3 and 2) the bitter jury rears its ugly head. I think she's going to have a hard time creating her own identity as to how she played the game.

It still appears that it will be Kim's game to lose, with Sabrina having the best shot of beating her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I don't know about Chelsea. I had hopes for her early on, but unless she can make final 3 without Kim or Sabrina sitting next to her, I don't think she can win. Only way she beats Kim is if 1)no Sabrina in final 3 and 2) the bitter jury rears its ugly head. I think she's going to have a hard time creating her own identity as to how she played the game.

It still appears that it will be Kim's game to lose, with Sabrina having the best shot of beating her.
    I prefer Chelsea and Sabrina to win, but I agree that it's probably Kim's game. I can't forget that Chelsea made some mistakes along the way, revealing too much at some times, and then taking the wrong people to reward. But overall, she seems like a decent person and she actually called some shots of her own, I think. It's funny that both Kat and Alicia thought they were running the show. I wonder how it's possible to be out there and think you're in charge and not realize that you really aren't. I think a lot of people blame Kim for ousting them, so they could either respect that and hand it to her or change course. I think it might come down to closing arguments.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The more that show progressed last night, the more I disliked Kim and didn't want her to win. I just don't get what everyone found so endearing and charismatic about her. I thought she came off as pretty cocky, arrogant, and sometimes just downright annoying. Maybe it was the editing or maybe I just didn't like her, but either way I was pretty irritated that she won.

Although in my totally honest moments, I have to admit she deserved it more than anyone else. I think Sab had a shot to win it if she had done a better job at TC, but she totally blew it when she first tried to claim that doing poorly in the challenges was part of her strategy and then later claimed that she "<stunk>" at them. Stoopid!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The more that show progressed last night, the more I disliked Kim and didn't want her to win. I just don't get what everyone found so endearing and charismatic about her. I thought she came off as pretty cocky, arrogant, and sometimes just downright annoying. Maybe it was the editing or maybe I just didn't like her, but either way I was pretty irritated that she won.
    Ditto! Especially when she would nod after each vote for her. To me, it was very annoying, and, as stated, arrogant.

On a side note, it sounds like Colton will be back for the next season, since they said 3 people that had been airlifted out due to medical problems, would be returning. Not sure if I will like this, but at least I will be watching Survivor.

Post Thanks / Like

To say I was irked at Kim's behavior last night is putting it very mild. Wow, after that show of smug superiority you wonder how many of them wished they had voted for someone else. And then she smuggly sat there and got the additional 100K as if it were due her.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    On a side note, it sounds like Colton will be back for the next season, since they said 3 people that had been airlifted out due to medical problems, would be returning. Not sure if I will like this, but at least I will be watching Survivor.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Colton will be back (which I could do without), but I'm more interested to see who the other two will be. I have to admit, I don't remember much about most of the people who got med-evaced (including that woman from the first episode of this season with the broken wrist!), so I'm kind of wondering if I'll even know who they are.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Colton will be back (which I could do without), but I'm more interested to see who the other two will be.
    SPOILER ALERT: Don't look down if you don't want to know.

The three returning Survivors are:

Michael Skupin (Australia - fell in fire)
    Jonathan Penner (HvV - knee infection - will be his 3rd time playing)
    Russell Swan - (Samoa - passed out in challenge).

I believe that season 25 just finished filming and you could tell by looking at Colton that no way did he just get back from another season. I think he will be back again, either in a HvV format or allstars2, but not for Phillipines.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Forgot to mention that I was glad to see they brought the torch walk segment back this year!

They addressed two of my biggest complaints from recent seasons, which I did appreciate. They brought back separate reward and immunity challenges and they brought back the torch walk!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: