Quantcast Hyperion Wharf is... CANCELLED!!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Thanks.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, my hunch is that they won't be doing anything. I don't think they've "gone back to the drawing board"... I think they just don't care enough.
    I'm a little surprised they haven't crammed a medieval times or something there...that seems more like what this group of management types want.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

They should go back to the way it was but that's not happening. It's a ghost town when you walk through there. Hopefully someday soon Disney will come up with a feasible plan and put the area to good use.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in November of 2010,and it didn't do anything for me. One cast member told me it was to be more "family friendly". I sent a nasty gram to someone at Disney about this and told them they made a mistake. They just sent all their business down the road to City Walk. Everything at Disney is family friendly,most of us adults liked it the way it was. My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon there in '05,got to set off the fireworks,went to the Adventurerers Club,hung out at 8 trax. Maybe they woke up and smelled the coffee. I won't hold my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I'm older, I'm very sad that the clubs are gone I had heard that they wanted to make the area more kid friendly and kick out some of the trouble makers that hung out there (how much trouble, or if there was any, I don't know). Couldn't they keep the comedy clubs and open up some dance clubs that were....I don't know? Less "troublesome?" Though I never thought the other ones were troublesome in the first place...
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    Now that I'm older, I'm very sad that the clubs are gone I had heard that they wanted to make the area more kid friendly and kick out some of the trouble makers that hung out there (how much trouble, or if there was any, I don't know). Couldn't they keep the comedy clubs and open up some dance clubs that were....I don't know? Less "troublesome?" Though I never thought the other ones were troublesome in the first place...
    Back to the OPs point of TDO wanting it to fail....I always found it suspicious that if something criminal happened in the parks or resorts, it would be hushed up. But if something happened at PI, it always seemed to make the news. I was in WDW when someone tried to rob one of the All-Star resorts, and there was nothing on the news. But some kid mugs somebody on PI, and it's national news. I never felt comfortable about that, and thinking that TDO wanted PI to fail just helps all that make sense.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's disappointing news for some of us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    Or just have an improv place that's family friendly. I'd go to that. I think the challenge (bad economy aside) is that TDO wants to make DTD as family friendly as possible. I'd suggest maybe a family friendly improv club, but a step up from Monsters Inc.?
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Or just have an improv place that's family friendly. I'd go to that. I think the challenge (bad economy aside) is that TDO wants to make DTD as family friendly as possible. I'd suggest maybe a family friendly improv club, but a step up from Monsters Inc.?
    I think finding a market for something like that would be difficult. If it's too kid-friendly, then 1) people without kids won't go, and 2) people with kids won't drink. I'm not sure that it would be a big money-maker for Disney.
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

well they messed up here obviously.
    ill be there next wk, but PI is just something to walk thru on the way to the other side.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    Back to the OPs point of TDO wanting it to fail....I always found it suspicious that if something criminal happened in the parks or resorts, it would be hushed up. But if something happened at PI, it always seemed to make the news. I was in WDW when someone tried to rob one of the All-Star resorts, and there was nothing on the news. But some kid mugs somebody on PI, and it's national news. I never felt comfortable about that, and thinking that TDO wanted PI to fail just helps all that make sense.
    Any kind of criminal activity isn't why they wanted it to fail though... There is more criminal activity elsewhere on property... TDO only saw dollar signs... They figured they can get out of the club/restaurant business at DTD and rent out to 3rd party businesses... Then the economy tanked... If the economy didn't tank, who knows how PI would look today... But, the economy did tank and TDO was left holding their brains, er, backsides (which is where their brains are I think)... Management should NEVER be caught off guard by a down economy... One rule of management: PLAN FOR ECONOMIC CYCLES CAUSE THEY HAPPEN LIKE DEATH AND TAXES (unless you are co-founder of Facebook then flee the U.S. and never pay a dime in taxes)... They had no plan... Now, they have a falilure on their hands while CityWalk thrives...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

yes poor planning there and no plan B...plan B go back to how it was...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Focus on Entertainment/Music

Maybe if the focus is more on the actual MUSIC and ENTERTAINMENT. Maybe a concept very similar to the Pleasure Island theme, but updated for today.

First thing I think of is Nashville and all the bars they have for performers and starting out performers. New performers (low-key) performing in some of the venues during the day--while also offering lunch and early dinner while you watch. So you can have some activity during the day.

You could have themes for different genres of music and maybe contests similar to The Voice and those types of shows. Also add Comedy, Improv, Magic & Dance ("Shake It Up")?

OR maybe pick an entertainment/music favorite from different cities. Like a Music "Epcot". Also try to get in a big headliner here and there.

I think the "flow" of Pleasure Island was bad--they'd have to improve on that. I also remember liking the headline stage and having New Year's Eve celebration at night.

I'm not a drinker, so my focus is never really on the alcohol -- sorry! Maybe split up the week and have certain nights more family oriented--all the Disney show kids sing and perform now--you could highlight their talent and bring in crowds and cross-promote like Disney loves to do.
    Kageese

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: