Quantcast Souvenirs for the office! Suggestions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Souvenirs for the office! Suggestions?

I'd like to bring back some souvenirs for my coworkers. You know, just a little something that says "I thought of you guys!"

We're a bunch of eaters and foodies so I thought I could bring back an individually wrapped snacks. Any ideas?

Or do you have any additional ideas?

In the interest of keeping it cheap and for fear of leaving someone out, I don't want to have to buy one for everyone. Just a pack of something.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Goofy's candy store in DDT has lots of individually wrapped candy items, you can also look at the closeout store righ next to Goofy's for stuff too. 1 year I found a bunch of mugs that ended up costing $2 each, everyone at worked loved getting a mug and it only cost me 40 bucks.
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I've brought back a box of Goofy taffy. Also, I have bought a pack of pens and given one to each person. Also, they have packs of Mickey head coasters that you could give each person one for their desk. If you have women that like to pull their hair back in a pony tail, you could buy the package of pony tail holders that have different color bands and Mickey head 'charm' (colored plastic the color of the band) and give a couple each to them. If you're on the dining plan and end up with snack credits left over, you could use them to pick up various items from the parks on your last day. We did that last time and brought back several packs of the roasted/candied pecans and almonds that we found in Epcot for souvenirs for family/friends to share.

Good luck on the hunt! Sounds like your office is like ours....we always bring back a little something for each other when one of us goes on a trip.
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Pens... they have 6-packs of really cool Disney pens for $12. I use them around my office and people always want one of their own. There are 3 or 4 different design packs, but my favorite is the "vintage" Disney collection. You can't buy these online, BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

My co-workers loved the flavored popcorns. They devoured 6 bags in one day.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister once did this. She got a bunch of stuff at the Confectionery on Main Street. Her co-workers LOVED her for it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I brought back lollypops for my group. They come in packs of 6-8 and are shaped like Mickey. Cheap and cute.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Where do I get the pens? I think thats a great idea for an office!

Coasters are a great idea too!

Post Thanks / Like

The pens are in most of the larger stores around the "world", like the Emporium, MouseGears and World of Disney.

I got some sets at MouseGears on my last trip, and the response from the office was great!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Food/snacks are usually well-received. I like the pens idea also. I would also consider antenna toppers or keyrings.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    Pens... they have 6-packs of really cool Disney pens for $12. I use them around my office and people always want one of their own. There are 3 or 4 different design packs, but my favorite is the "vintage" Disney collection. You can't buy these online, BTW.

Office crew loved them and quite a few of them bought refills when they ran out. Even for the cheaper plastic character pens!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

You can find the flavored sample packs of coffee all over the place almost in every shop. I believe there comes three or four smalller type coffee bags of three or four different flavors. Then there are the tea samples which are basically the same as the coffee sample packs, comes with three or four different flavors of tea if there is anyone that prefers the tea. Or you could build a gift basket for the office and include something like those and everyone can pick and choose what they like?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Or you could build a gift basket for the office and include something like those and everyone can pick and choose what they like?
    This is a good idea. It will probably be more fun to shop for anyway. It depends on what I can find, but now I have a few ideas! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Also, at Downtown Disney, there is a store that sells VERY discounted items....some as low as $1! Most are just cute little nicknacks, toys, etc. But I have found some worthwhile things there in the past. I believe its all discontinued items.
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

I’m the office Disney Freak!!! I have been so many times that I have run out of things to get. I brought back little mugs once they used them for their Cuban coffee. Now when I go I just bring back bags of pop corn and candy, they love it and it’s just a little something to say "I was thinking about you guys" they are over the t-shirts and big coffee mugs, picture frames, key chains, pens etc. I wore them our over the last 15 years of my Disney craze...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I normally bring back rice crispie Mickey's. On our last trip I found a package of 6 or so for 10 bucks or the big ones are 4 bucks a piece. Everyone always enjoys them.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DANAM View Post
    I normally bring back rice crispie Mickey's. On our last trip I found a package of 6 or so for 10 bucks or the big ones are 4 bucks a piece. Everyone always enjoys them.
    Have you seen the one for $19.99 it's a HUGE mickey.. I thought about bringing that one back next time...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

You could always get a nice big Disney themed bowl (I saw really cute ones at the kitchen store at DTD) and fill it with various snacks from around the "world". This way your co workers can pick and choose what they want. Then the bowl can remain in the office for other treats throughout the year. I know DH brings bags of Halloween, Valentine's, and Easter candy to work when we have too much of it here at home. This way the souvenir can be used again and again, and will last longer than just a bunch of snacks.

I also really love the pen idea. That would be a souvenir I'd love to receive!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: