Quantcast September Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: September Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default September Trip

Heading to WDW in SEP (shortly after Labor Day). Never been during this time and wanted to know what to expect:
    -Weather
    -Crowds
    -Seasonal 'must dos'
    Looking forward to our trip; already counting down
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The crowds should be light since kids are all back in school. It will probably be hot and humid and you should expect some rain (still hurricane season). The rain showers probably won't last that long though, just spotty (unless of course there is a hurricane). Weather permitting, it should be a nice trip!
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

We are going the week after labor day as well...and I love this time of year at the world! Crowds are light, and we've always had a great time. Weather can be very hot and humid, though so plan for that.

Here's a tip for this time of year. The Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is going on, on select nights. If you do not plan on attending this special-ticketed event at MK you can still watch the HalloWishes special night time fireworks display - (which is an AMAZING show, by the way!) We generally make dining reservations at Narcoossees on that evening, and watch the show from the restaurant's balcony after dinner! They play the music through the speakers on the balcony, so its the next best thing to being at the party itself. Of course, you can also choose other locations, such as California Grill, etc.
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

We used to go in June, then May, then November, then October, now September. September is now my (and my family's) favorite time of the year to go (the last four years running). The weather is still hot and humid (with some rain of course), but the lower crowd levels more than compensate. Crowds are very manageable, but there will still be long waits for some of the more popular attractions (think Soarin and Toy Story Mania). And depending on when you go in September, you may have to deal with some "love bugs". They don't harm you, but can be a bit annoying. We're going back September 23 (POFQ) and can't wait! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

We did our first Sep trip in 2011 after years of May and March and I loved it. Crowds were much less than I was used to and the heat and humidity could be managed with smart planning -- i.e. get an early start and hit your pool or a nap during the worst of it. Expect a late afternoon shower every day. Plan a very late lunch, early dinner, or happy hour -- whatever works for you. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc mouse View Post
    We used to go in June, then May, then November, then October, now September. September is now my (and my family's) favorite time of the year to go (the last four years running). The weather is still hot and humid (with some rain of course), but the lower crowd levels more than compensate. Crowds are very manageable, but there will still be long waits for some of the more popular attractions (think Soarin and Toy Story Mania). And depending on when you go in September, you may have to deal with some "love bugs". They don't harm you, but can be a bit annoying. We're going back September 23 (POFQ) and can't wait! Have fun!
    See ya there! I'll also be going Sept 23 at POFQ!! I usually travel in november but I wanted to try Sept this time.. I can't wait!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

September is our fav time to go. The weather is still hot and humid, rain showers that only last about 20 minutes, the crowds are lighter, and the kids are all back at school. Next trip September 2013.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: