Quantcast Budget car rentals

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Budget car rentals

Just a little bit of information I gathered this week that may or may not be of concern to you (and I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it). We almost always rent a car at Orlando Airport for our trips (just a personal preference). This week, we had rented from Budget. As it turned out, we really used it less than usual.

When we returned it to MCO, the gentleman from Budget checked me in and went to give me my receipt. He looked at the receipt and told me there was going to be a surcharge (something like $15) because I had driven less than 75 miles. I didn't even have to ask him twice, though. He immediately ran it through again somehow without the surcharge.

But just beware. Apparently, this is something only Budget is doing at this time, for rentals of less than 75 miles. Sometimes the sneaky ways some of these companies try to throw fees onto your bill is totally amazing.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We had the same thing happen, but when we picked up the car. We were driving to Disney and then Port Canaveral so we were over the 75 mile mark. We did have to show our gas receipt for filling up the car when we returned it.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. I think the last time we rented, we drove less than 50 miles total!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's unbelievable! You'd think they'd be glad you weren't putting as many miles on their cars and reward you instead of charging you. I know I'll drive more than that when I (finally!)) get there in October!
    Thanks for the heads up.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it's not only Budget, DH is renting Avis next week and the extra charge is listed as a possible add-on. It's in the section about refueling where you selection if your going to refill or they are. As WLady says, (according to Avis) bring it back full, show them the receipt, and there will be no charge.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Actually it's not only Budget, DH is renting Avis next week and the extra charge is listed as a possible add-on. It's in the section about refueling where you selection if your going to refill or they are. As WLady says, (according to Avis) bring it back full, show them the receipt, and there will be no charge.
    Everything VWL mom said is accurate. Avis does this as well, and this is done everywhere, not just Orlando. If you go less than 75 miles, be sure to fill up and make sure you get the receipt.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds silly and it would keep me from renting with Avis or Budget. We've had great luck with Dollar in the past. Have always had unlimited mileage and have never been hassled about mileage or where I filled up the tank. I always do that at the Hess near Downtown Disney on the way to the airport. Sounds like another way for these money grubbers to lighten your wallet a little more. I feel the same way about ridiculous resort fees. I refuse to stay at hotels that charge them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: