Quantcast 20th Anniversary Ideas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20th Anniversary Ideas?

When we go in the fall, we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We don't have a pile of money, so I can't afford anything elaborate, but I'm looking for ideas to mark the occasion in SOME way. We're staying at AKL for a couple of days, so I guess I should let them know it's an anniversary, although I can't imagine they'd do much, other than perhaps give us an Anniversary button.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've celebrated two anniversaries at WDW and both were memorable.
    For our first, we had dinner at the California Grill and watched the MK fireworks from the viewing platform they have on top of the Contemporary. If you eat early, you can save your receipt and use it later to get back up to the restaurant for the fireworks.
    Another time, we were visiting around Halloween and we booked a haunted carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. It was a full-moon night and we had a blast.
    Also, look into the Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage that leaves from the Contemporary. You get drinks and snacks before you leave and there are photo ops with Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, and Peter Pan. You go out on the Seven Seas Lagoon and they park the boat for a great view of the MK fireworks. You have a Pirate guide named Patch who's a lot of fun, and it costs about $50 per person. Compare that to renting a pontoon boat for the fireworks, which will run you close to $400.
    Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Although it has been almost 10 years ago, my DH and I spent our 10th anniversary at WDW. We were surprised at the attention and gifts we got. In our room we got chocolates and an autographed 8x10 frame. When we went to dinner a CRT, we got beautiful champagne glasses in a very sturdy box for the long trip home. We used them at dinner that night and they washed and packed them when we were done. I still have them in a special place and use them for special occasions.

Although times are not what they used to be - I would not hesitate to let the hotel and dinning room staff know it is your special day! You never know what surprises might come your way.
    Jodi șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely let them know it is your 20th anniversary. I have known people to get room upgrades for anniversaries. We went on our 10th anniversary and got free desserts everywhere! You will definitely get perks, wear your pins for sure!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I celebrated our 20th at WDW in '09. While we did not get a room upgrade or pay for anything fancy (we did do La Nouba)- we did wear our buttons EVERYWHERE and were treated to champagne at Coral Reef, Dessert at Le Cellier had Happy Anniversary on the plate in chocolate...etc. We had a special towel creation and an 'autographed' congratulations photo in the room. It was just an all around great week.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at WL for our 20th with our DS and DD. We had a fabulous dinner at California Grille. We requested seating in the "wine room." It's more intimate than the main room. We also took an Illuminations Cruise. This was very nice as well. Both are special treats. Our 20th Anniversary was documented everywhere and we received buttons upon check-in. Except for Anniversary wishes galore, no freebies or special treatment was received.... At all. We didnt't really expect anything, but a complimentary desert would have been nice.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: