Quantcast 3 best signature - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

California Grill @ Contemporary - the fireworks give it an edge over all the other places. Sushi is good if you're into that.

Jiko at AKL - great good, service and wine plus it's nice to see the AKL.

All of the others we've had good and bad experiences at so figure out where you'll be and go from there. You could do Brown Derby and Le Cellier for lunches and only spend one credit on them allowing you to experience two additional signature places for the price of one dinner.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I can rank them 1-2-3 but we seem to always end up at:

Cali Grill
    Jiko

and then behind that we have been to several times:
    Narcoosees

Cali Grill as someone said is like an event! If you are lucky enough to score a window seat for fireworks -- it is just amazing!!

Jiko has never disappointed us foodwise. There was ONE time we were there with our DS#1 who was maybe 4 or 5 at the time and there was a large party seated next to us and one man was visibly drunk and just using nasty potty mouth language -- he left for a brief time with a woman, came back and it all started over again.....the manager asked him to leave and then that was where we decided to pack up and leave ourselves....it was that bad -- families were leaving and not happy.

Narcoosees was absolutely fantastic!! Food was wonderful and service -- I still remember our first server's name -- Allen -- was perfect!! He knew exactly when to check in with us and was not at all intrusive -- we've had him three times.

Artist Point was a split decision in our family -- DH enjoyed it and I did not. I didn't like the food and service was lackluster. We were seated far after our ADR and after several other parties of the same size. Our server totally ignored DS#1 who was as polite as any parent could ask for and even asked why the man was ignoring him.

LeCellier I just can't see as a Signature......IMHO it is a lot of hype for OK food -- again, IMHO!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking... but I think that the Dining Plan is not accepted at Victoria & Alberts....

My Top Choices....
    Narcoossee's
    California Grill
    Yachtsman Steak

Post Thanks / Like

so many different opinions.
    AP, CG...not sure which i would pick 3rd
    i have also eaten at Narcoosees(not impressed) Flying Fish (first time great, second not so much), Jiko (AKL is nice, not sure Id go back), Brown Derby (been a few yrs but I liked it), Yachtsman (not bad but not sure Id return)
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We love Jiko, Artist Point & Brown Derby. There are others, but these top our list

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely leave room for dinner at Jiko. It offers arguably the best -- and definitely the most exotic -- menu on property, with a wonderful mix of African-inspired cuisines. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is such a beautiful resort that you don't really need an excuse to make a special trip there, but Jiko makes the visit even more worthwhile.

Also, California Grill at the Contemporary consistently receives rave reviews and is always ranked among the finest restaurants on Disney property.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

1) Jiko - Awesome place. We go every trip,we're huge foodies and enjoy the chance to hang out at AKL a bit before dinner. The menu can be challenging for some because of the blend of african, and indian flavors. But its Awesome.

2) CA Grill The food was very very good. But unbelievably crowded and the wait staff seemed a bit overwhelmed when we went. This was also during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom which caused a big stir in the restaurant as everyone rushed out onto the viewing deck. But it was pretty cool. They pump the music from the firework show into the restaurant. I would go back, but not during the fireworks, and definitely would like to try the Chef's Counter.

3) Flying Fish - Had a great time here. The food was terrific and the service was great. Had a really great waiter who gave us lots of free samples on drinks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll review all the 2 TS places we've done: (my 3 very faves get a thumbs up)

Hoop De Doo- Love it...great fun...food is ok comfort picnic type food,but you get beer and sangria. They take your pictures.

Luau- Liked it too. Fun show...to see once...nothing too spectacular. Food was really good and you also get adult beverages. They take your pictures.

CIndy's Royal Table Breakfast- NOT WORTH THE $$$ Good breakfast, but not worth 2 TS at all. And characters rush by your table, hardly spending any time with you.

Le Cellier- We went a few times when it was 1 TS and it was very good...one of our faves, though not sure if it's worth 2 TS. Would go for lunch as that is 1 TS.

Hollywood Brown Derby- We did lunch here and weren't impressed...we were a family group of about 7 and none thought it was all that great.

Artist Point- We went with the above mentioned family group (10 this time). Me and my fam of 5 were not impressed, but SIL and her fam of 5 love it. I didn't find the food to die for...was truly imemorable.

Jiko- Same family group of 10 and we all LOVED this place...it's my fam's very fave signature for best food. It was delish.

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: