Quantcast Hospital on property?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hospital on property?

Hello again!!! This is a off the wall question folks. Since Walt Disney world is like a city upon itself, I was wondering about Hospitals. Does the property have a hospital for guests in need? Or what does happen if someone needs to go to a hospital when they are at the parks or at a resort? Just wondering. Thanks again intercot people!!
    rantyrantyranty

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure someone will add more to this, however...there is no hospital in Disney itself. If there was, I'd be working there! :-) There is a hotel in Celebration, and multiple in Orlando. The local urgent care facilities also provide free transportation. Hope this helps!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

There are no hospitals on property at Walt Disney World. Each of the four theme parks has a first aid center. There are several urgent care facilities in the area and some nearby hospitals. (I sent you a private message with a map link for the hospitals.)
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

No Hospital that I am aware of. 2 years ago we had a problem when the kids were in the pool. My son hit the side of the pool with the back of his head. He needed to get staples. Someone call the emergency line at the quiet pool. We did have staff come down along with an ambulance. The EMT suggest a clinic since they though stitches. The resort took us by golf cart to the main entrance within 10 min a van transported us to a walkin clinic (outside of Disney) and driver stayed to make sure they would see us. Since it did need staples, they driver took us to the hospital (outside of Disney). The driver informed us to call cab (gave us a name of the company which I can remember which one) when done to get back to resort. So 5 hours later we called a cab and they took us back to the resort $25. The driver gave me a reciept and I did take to the front desk where was refunded back on to my account (room account)

Post Thanks / Like

I needed emergency care for a severe migraine this past January. When I called the front desk, they recommended an urgent care facility and put me thru to the front desk of the facility. Within 10 minutes they had sent a van and took myself and my 11DS (worried about his mommy) to the facility very close to Downtown Disney. The staff was super friendly and the docs got me back to normal. By the time I was ready to leave it was close to midnight and the shuttle was no longer running. The clinic called a cab and paid for it.
    I believe the name of the clinic was CentraCare. There are several around the area and I would highly recommend them.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

First visit to Disney World 1991
    Countless visits since
    Most recent: Oct 2006
    November 2006
    Feb 2007
    June 2007
    October 2007-2 weeks
    Feb 2008
    June 2008
    Feb 2009
    Oct 2009- HHI Disney Vacation
    Jan 2011

Post Thanks / Like

also, the first aid centers at the parks are wonderful. we used to travel with my mil and sil who was undergoing chemo, so we used them several times.
    once we were at MK and mil started feeling not so well. we took her to the first aid station, where she admitted she had left her bp meds at home in ohio and so hadnt taken them for 2 days. the staff called her pharmacy in ohio, had them call in an order to a local pharmacy who them delivered the meds to the resort-and the resort staff delivered them to our room. we got to enjoy a few more hrs in the park and when we got back to the room the meds were waiting. saved us all sorts of time and trouble.
    we have used the first aid stations for ibuprofen for headaches, bandaids for blisters, peptobismal for upset stomach. they are a wonderful resource
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

For medical needs
    . . . there are First Aid stations at each park
    . . . there are urgent care centers with free transport
    . . . the Celebration hospital is 10-min away
    . . . there is a huge medical center for CM's *
    . . . there are house-call doctors available for resorts
    . . . the city has a great paramedic team

* The medical center is behind Epcot and is for CM's only. It houses worker-comp treatment rooms with real doctors. It alsohas mental health doctors and social workers for employee counseling (employee only, employee and spouse, or employee and family).
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

On one trip my friend had pneumonia, we were staying at the Poly. I called the front desk around 6pm, they helped to arrange a doctor that came to our room, billed her insurance, and the pharmacy delivered the medication to the front desk, all in all it took about 3 hours, and we were in the parks the next morning.
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Post Thanks / Like

That is super cool stories folks. Great information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    For medical needs

. . . there are urgent care centers with free transport

. . . there are house-call doctors available for resorts[/I]
    I made use of the urgent care center (for an infection) near the entrance to downtown disney a few years ago and was well pleased with the level of care we received.

As for the house call doctors...just be aware that they come at a price...a very, very high price... and you might want to make sure your insurance will cover it before committing to it.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

DS came down with horrible ear infection/high fever/vomiting on a Sunday night when all the urgent cares were closed. So, POP called an ambulance and they transported us to Celebration Hospital. POP's manager came up to our room along with a security guard to help transport us to the ambulance. POP's manager paid for the ambulance transfer and paid for the cab that brought us back from Celebration. And, they helped us get the antibiotics from the pharmacy (they deliver) the next day. They even called our room, offering room service if we couldn't leave. We were really impressed. So if you happen to get sick, they take good care of you.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I was taken to the hospital last visit and ended up at Florida Hospital's ER in Celebration. Great hospital but the billing nightmare just ended (yes, we have insurance!). It was late in the evening at we were staying a BW, don't know if that makes a difference or not. The ambulance ride was free from Disney (didn't charge my insurance), although the cab back to the resort the next day was not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdk316 View Post
    The ambulance ride was free from Disney (didn't charge my insurance), although the cab back to the resort the next day was not.
    Wow! When we arrived back at POP at 3am in our cab, I was instructed to go to guest services with the cab fair. They paid me cast to pay the cab driver. I wonder why POP paid for our cab and BW didn't?
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: