Quantcast Swan & Dolphin

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Swan & Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan & Dolphin

We're staying at the Swan for the first time this month. Does anyone know what brand of toiletries they leave in the room?

Also, any resort tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be staying for the first time next month. Can't wait for someone to respond! I do know they serve Starbucks coffee at this hotel. We ate in one of the restaurants 2 years ago and it was yummy. Checking out some more restaurants this time around. Should be fun!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the toiletries go, they leave Sheraton brand in the room, according to the front desk. This is one of our favorite hotels, due to the great location, ( you can walk to the boardwalk, Fantasia mini-golf, epcot, and DHS). And also the many resteraunts, that are at the hotel and in close proximity, some of our favs. (Shulas steakhouse/dolphin, Garden Grove/ Swan, The yachtsmansteakhouse/yacht club, The Fountain/dolphin).
    One difference for these hotels is that you cannot use your room key to charge purchases made on disney property.
    Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gratuspater View Post
    As far as the toiletries go, they leave Sheraton brand in the room, according to the front desk.
    Well, in the Dolphin it may be Sheraton brand, but Swan is a Westin, so I'm sure it's Westin branded. I would not be surprised though, it was the same thing in a different bottle.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on the toiletries, but we loved our stay at the Dolphin. As far as resort tips go, there is plenty to enjoy in and around the resort; the shared pool and courtyard are wonderful as are many of the restaurants and shops as mentioned above.

Our experience:
    *take the boat to Epcot when it makes sense; it's a nice relaxing experience and nice to sit; at the end of Illuminations etc. when things are swamped or delayed the walk is not too arduous from World Showcase's gateway. We didn't ever walk to Disney Studios but it's quite do-able
    *we enjoyed taking in Beaches and Cream at the Y&BC club, Boardwalk Bakery (and the Boardwalk area in general at night during a walk back), etc. and that whole resort area
    *no dining plan, no magical express, no room charging in the parks... BUT you can still have resort and World of Disney purchases sent to the resort and utilize EMH both of which we loved
    *we never did make it to Fountain in Dolphin, but if I understand correctly, it's 24h; handy for early/late times; it's on the Swan side of Dolphin, too.
    *not sure about Swan, but we had a mini fridge in Dolphin, unrequested; that was a surprise and handy for water, etc.

That's all I can think of on the top of my head.

=),
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

I never really wanted to stay there until this year. My fascination is starting to spark for these two resorts. why all of a sudden? well its location for one and price for another. I have lost interest in dining plan and more concerned about a deluxe room for my 5 kids. hmmmm, I would like to stay here sometime it think.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

For a lot of years I didn't want to stay there either. We loved it when we finally did, and have stayed there once since our initial stay. Can't beat the location, and the rooms are very, very nice.

For the OP, I sincerely can't remember the brand of toiletries at the Swan. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Simple suggestion, call the Swalphin and ask them.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Swan once and had zero complaints. The rooms were very clean, the whole resort was very clean, and the beds were the best thing ever. We are staying at WL this year for Christmas. We are arriving on a Tuesday and DH just mentioned that we should head there Saturday instead. We are seriously considering those first 3 nights at the Swan or Dolphin mainly for the price and the beds!!! You simply can't beat the price if you want to be in the Epcot location.

OP I don't remember what the brand was, but I think you'll enjoy your stay.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your comments. I did call the resorts and the front desk did not know the brand. My reason for the inquiry is that I was hoping to lighten my luggage, but I have a sensitivity to certain beauty products and was hoping I could save space by not bringing my own shampoo, conditioner, and soap for the family.

I also forgot to ask, I saw somewhere a mention that the resort has a mug program. Can someone confirm and ellaborate on the program if there is one. If yes, what beverages does it include (coffee?) and where do you fill up.

Thanks again for your comments! We can't wait to go...18 days and counting....
    Last edited by TinkerbellsMom; 09-04-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't do the mug program but I believe it is available at Picabu's (at Dolphin) and includes Coke products and coffee. (not 100% sure).
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the Fountain that's 24/7. It's Picabu which is on the bottom floor. They do have a mug program and it's refillable in there. I think it does include coffee as well as the sodas. Not orange juice and I don't think milk either.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellsMom View Post
    We're staying at the Swan for the first time this month. Does anyone know what brand of toiletries they leave in the room?

Also, any resort tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Bath & Body works aromatherapy orange ginger shampoo, conditioner and body lotion is what we had in July.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks All! We leave in 17 days and can't wait!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: