Quantcast Do you book hotels ahead for the road trip down? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The earlier in the day you stop, the less important it is to call ahead. Once it gets around 5pm available rooms can dry up in summer. Nothing is worse than being tired and not being able to find a room easily.
    If you are a AAA member, you can use their Tour Books, or if you have a favorite chain you can pick up one of their directories before you leave. That way you can call from the road and go as far as possible.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a planner so I always try to book ahead. Sometimes we use our free night reward points for various chains. I just like to know where I'm staying & how much it's going to cost me. One year we tried to just wing it and ended up paying more than we would have if we'd booked online. Also a lot of internet rates are discounted 20% or more so it saves you some $$.
    Last edited by NJGIRL; 08-05-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: outside links not allowed
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

The last two trips we've had reservations and cancelled them without penalty while on the road because we ended up driving straight through. I think we may eventually stop at that nice Sleep Inn I've researched over and over in Georgia this coming trip. We'll see.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded the app "hotels by me" on my smartphone, and now I just hit the app and the hotels, their distances, prices, AND reviews pop up. They usually give the online price which is generally cheaper than popping in. I can see if the hotel has a pool, breakfast, etc. It's very convienent and a free app.

Post Thanks / Like

I woulld depending on how far I have to drive. Just to be sure. And plus I need to get some rest in between driving. DD gets bored, too.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: