Quantcast Just Venting....No way to change ANY ADR's Around!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Venting....No way to change ANY ADR's Around!

Just a mini vent here....

Our trip is August 20-29
    Made my ADR's 180 out, no problems... now we want to change 2. There is NO CHANGING ANYTHING. EVERYTHING IS BOOKED SOLID!!! It is kind of annoying that this is how the whole thing works with dining. There is no fly by the seat of your pants, what do you feel like tonight stuff going on here. You book your stuff at the 180th day or you don't get it. Period. End of story. So annoying!!!
    My husband wants to eat at Coral Reef and I didn't book it. Can't get it now either. I'll keep trying, but I'm not too optimistic.
    OK...I'm done now!
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely understand your frustration, but do keep trying! We have kept calling and gotten in the day of, even at busy times. And last weekend we had to cancel 'Ohana reservations at the last minute so I imagine someone benefited from that!
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Listen ... don't get too caught up in this whole "ADR" thing. I've done walk-ups pretty much anyplace at any time and only gotten turned away once. I even walked up at Le Cellier.

Play it by ear. I bet you'll either be able to get an ADR between now and then when someone cancels or get in as a walk-up. Best advice is go early.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Listen ... don't get too caught up in this whole "ADR" thing. I've done walk-ups pretty much anyplace at any time and only gotten turned away once. I even walked up at Le Cellier.

Play it by ear. I bet you'll either be able to get an ADR between now and then when someone cancels or get in as a walk-up. Best advice is go early.

Agreed.

I can tell you that at least 1/2 of my ADRs over the last couple ofweeks peoplewere walking up and just being told 1/2 hour to 45 minutes wait for a table.

It got me wondering what the cancellation rate for ADRs is - I bet it is high.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I miss the "old days" when you could pretty much get in wherever you want. I really dislike planning that far out, but you are forced to. Then if there's anything change in plans or something happens, you have very few additional options. Sigh.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked ours for August 22 - 25 last week and I was surprised on how much was open. I wonder what changed?

I agree with Disney4 though, even during our trip last month I too noticed them taking a lot of walkups.

Keep trying & good luck
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am one in a million, but I don't really understand the dining thing. I mean, the restaurants are good, but with the exception of a few, I can find the same kind of restaurants where I live. I have found that having reservations really cut into our whole magic of Disney thing. So, knowing how I feel, I say, relax and enjoy Disney, don't let this ruin your magic.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

I know it will all work out.

On a fun note, we are going to the San Angel Inn one night, because "Bridgett" in my daughter's 3rd grade raved about this place to my daughter every day!!! "Bridgett" said that it's good.
    I haven't heard the same rave reviews, but I'm willing to have a few and really then anything will taste pretty good!
    Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree with Ian. Walk ups have worked for us and we have tried day after day to get ADR's.
    Either way, I wish you good luck!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I am too tired to count... are you at your 45 day mark for you trip?!

if not, check back that day because that is when people either pay off their trip or cancel it....

things might open up.

For December, I released one of my 3 le Cellier ressies and it was taken by the time the page refreshed... Just have to check often
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, I have noticed the same thing, and our dates are almost identical to yours.... () ... are most of your ADR's at more popular places?? I tried moving a 'Ohana ressie back a 1/2hr... not a chance!!

For those of you who haven't had problems with walk-ups -- was it during "free dining"?? That is when Julie and I are there... and her post (and what I've seen online w/ the ADR's) makes me wonder if we'll be able to have ANY spontaneous, last-minute decisions on our meals.

If we can't, it'll be fine... we're at Disney, after all ... but I would like to know how people found the ability to get walk-up seating during a "free dining" period.

(And just a tip -- one of our friends in the area has had issues at 'Ohana getting last-minute seating -- they seem to be prioritizing anyone who shows up last-minute in a group or larger party. She has made it work for she & her DH by making friends w/ other people waiting and creating their own "group" -- thus making new friends and getting seated faster, all at once. Food for thought, if anyone sees this happening there or elsewhere...)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

ADRs are great and for the most part, recomended. But, don't stress too much if you can't get where you want right away. We've went the walk-up way several times when we couldn't get the ADR and was able to get in fairly easily with minimal wait. But, the way I see it...I'm @ WDW! I'm just as happy with a Mickey bar walking thru the parks as I would be with a ADR @ LeCelliers ( and out a lot less $)
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

we're going aug 25-31 and with the exception of the very very popular places, ironically most of which we have tried and not liked (coral reef, ohana, chef mickeys) there is lots of availability. I finally settled on our last adr yesterday for nine dragons and they actually have availability for every single seating ( every 15 mins) for dinner. I would definitely walk up, and may actually do that ourselves for this trip depending on how we feel each day. its not like if you have to wait 30 mins that there is nothing to do! grab a drink, wander around a min, heck, go hop on nemo for a ride then go back. we ate at coral reef in march and while I liked it, and we had a seat right next to the aquarium, DW and kids did not care for it. however the chocolate wave is worth it for me by itself! have a great trip and dont let ADR's frustrate you, play it by ear and I'll bet you'll be fine.

oh, and we did go during free dining in march and on more than one occasion walk ups were waiting just as long as we were to be seated, as if they have a reservation. one group of 5 actually walked up right behind us at coral reef and were seated before we were.

Post Thanks / Like

I did pick more of the "popular" dining. Even at 180 days out, I could only get O'Hana for the end of our trip, we are going during the "FREE" Dining Promo, and if we are I'm sure there are a ton of us who are.

We have no ADR's scheduled for two of our days, as in the beginning we were planning on going to Universal. Those two days are going to be "footloose and fancy free", and I know a walk up will come.
    Coral Reef...My husband was shocked that I DIDN'T BOOK THE CORAL REEF!!! I'll take him to the Chart House here in Weehawken overlooking the NYC Skyline. I'll make it up to him...who knows, I still may score a table at the Coral Reef.
    Thanks All!
    Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember the days when you could walk into the little booths (I remember them in EPCOT I think) to make reservations? When I was younger I can remember the morning of each day talking over where we'd like to eat that night and then making the reservation for that night..

My how times have changed...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one reason we do not do any dining plans. The only reason I have it now is because it was free. I am still hoping for a room only discount so I do not have to plan this much. I have some OK reservations. However, I would not pay for the DDP if these were my only options. Although some are good, the times are horrible.

I would assume ADR cancellations are high. People make a reservation, something is going on, and they are no where near the restaurant. They decide then to skip it. The first time we had ADRs, we missed most of them. We wound up walking up and getting in where we wanted.

The other issue is that we prefer counter service. We can get 1 meal and share it between two people. Counter service also cuts down on clock staring. When you're hungry, you eat.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Anyone remember the days when you could walk into the little booths (I remember them in EPCOT I think) to make reservations? When I was younger I can remember the morning of each day talking over where we'd like to eat that night and then making the reservation for that night..

My how times have changed...
    LOVED THOSE TV SCREENS to make those reservations!!! That was one of my favorite things in Epcot, back in the day!

Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that during free dining? If so, that's your reason why right there. My friend just made an ADR for Le Cellier this past Monday for lunch on July 17 for 4 people.

Keep checking - things may change for other folks, opening up a slot for you. Good luck!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Gone are the good old days when you could walk into a park and dine that same day without problems.

I hate any free dining offer (dont' hate me for saying that). I don't do the dining plan and when it's offered for free -- argh!
    Nov88off/Nov89Poly/May91Poly/Nov92 Poly/Dec93Doubletree/Nov94Poly/Nov95 Contemp/Aug 96 Swan&Dolphin/Sep 99 Portofino Bay /Dec 99 GF/Apr 01 Disneyland Paris 1 day visit/Dec 02 GF/Nov 03 Grand Californian/Dec 04 GF/Dec 05 Dec 06 Poly/Dec 07 GF/Nov 09 Nov 10 Poly/Nov 11 Poly/Nov 12 Poly/Nov 13 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Coral Reef...My husband was shocked that I DIDN'T BOOK THE CORAL REEF!!! I'll take him to the Chart House here in Weehawken overlooking the NYC Skyline. I'll make it up to him...who knows, I still may score a table at the Coral Reef.
    Thanks All!
    Julie
    Oh Julie, forget Coral Reef and go to the Chart House ! My sister lives in Weehawken just off the road where you have the full on view of Lower Manhattan and that view is something that can not be truly replicated by anyone, not even Disney . I have not eaten at the Chart House (I've heard good things,though) but ate at Arthur's Landiing (which sadly closed) and the view and food was spectacular!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: