Quantcast All Star Music or POP - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at both. I agree with the poster who stated that Pop doesn't feel as Disney-esque. One of the things I love about the AS resorts (even vs. the deluxe resorts) is that it feels like you are sleeping in the park. We love having the Disney theme around us all the time. Pop just doesn't have a lot of Disney theming.

Music is our favorite. It's always been clean, the grounds are pretty, and it is the only AS resort that has a DJ with music, games and movies by the pool.

The other thing that I like about the AS resorts is being able to easily walk over and explore the adjoining resorts (Sports and Movies). We like to eat in the other resort food courts for a change of pace too.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

my dw & i have stayed at both and we prefer POP.bigger food court ,no bus sharing.to us it is the only resort that total puts you in a disney state of mind.pop is very themed to disney with forty foot figures of lady & tramp baloo and others. there is a giant big wheel,huge foos ball characters and much more .for us its POP only

Post Thanks / Like

Never stayed at Music, but have stayed at POP, Movies, and Sports. I much preferred All Stars over POP. For some unknown reason, POP seems to be the most popular, which meant the most crowded, and I didn't like the layout AT ALL. Also, as far as the buses go, I find it much easier to catch buses at Movies and Sports. We go to the parks from open to close, so we never shared buses with any of the other All Star resorts. When we stayed at POP last February, it ALWAYS had the longest lines at the end of the night at all the parks. I also like the layout of the food courts being more separated from the gift shops at the All Stars. I did not like the way the POP connected them. Just an opinion, but it is All Stars for us. No more POP. Tried it and didn't like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I like them all for different reasons. The buses don't typically matter to me, as we drive in and can drive to the park we are visiting. I often drive to the TTC and go from there if we are hopping about all day.

I like ASMovies based upon theme as we love movies and its fun to look at all the statues as well as get some fun pretend play time in with DD8.

I like POP due to the lake in the back. It was nice to take walks along it and decompress a bit.

I have yet to stay at ANY WDW resort and not like it. I prefer some over others, but I like them all!
    **Last Visits**

Jun 23 Fort Wilderness
    Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Jun 24 Undecided
    Sept 24 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at pop for the last 10 years or so. Every visit has been great. Rooms are always clean. They are small and there is limited drawer space but that is not a big deal for us. the beds are new so they are firm. I will tell you something that my friend had me laughing about, she was complaining about how small the bed pillows were and that they seemed extra fluffy. it wasn't until the end of the trip that i asked her if she noticed that they fold the open end of the pillow case inside the pillow to make the pillow appear small and over filled. all she had to do was take the open end out of itself and flatten the pillow out. We still laugh about it. Have a great time at Disney. We will be staying at POP for 10 days in October. Can't wait !!!!

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. You've all given me some great replies. I have to say though that the bus sharing isn't a huge problem as we always drive to Florida (7 airline tickets are too expensive) and so we have a car. My kiddoes looked at pictures online and couldn't resist the three caballeros, so I think ASMus will be first choice and POP will be second.

Thanks again.

Lori

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at POP last year and loved it. Great food court and great bus service. I'm sure you'll love either one, but POP is the choice for us. Have fun!!!
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: