Quantcast Keepin' a secret....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keepin' a secret....

...from my husband! And, it's killing me that I can't tell him.

Preface this with: DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan. Huge.

Okay, on Friday, DH is flying up to San Francisco to spend the weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. They are all big Oakland A's fans, and got some amazing seats at the upcoming A's vs. SF Giants game on Friday night. So, he's going up for that.

What he doesn't know is, on Friday afternoon, he is going to go on a tour of
    SKYWALKER RANCH!!!! For those of you who know anything about the Star Wars universe, you'll understand how big of a deal this is.

He will also get to visit ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) at the Presidio.

He has NO idea. My sister's boyfriend's brother (whew!) got hired as a graphic artist by Lucas Arts a few months ago, and when his internship was over last month, he was hired permanently! So, they have "access" there now.

He thinks he's going wine tasting. My sister said the ranch is in the middle of nowhere, on the way to Napa, and he'll be convinced up until the part where they get to the security guard booth and are told to "park by the Yoda fountain."

He's gonna flip! I can't wait to hear his reaction when he figures out where he is.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    ...from my husband! And, it's killing me that I can't tell him.

Preface this with: DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan. Huge.

Okay, on Friday, DH is flying up to San Francisco to spend the weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. They are all big Oakland A's fans, and got some amazing seats at the upcoming A's vs. SF Giants game on Friday night. So, he's going up for that.

What he doesn't know is, on Friday afternoon, he is going to go on a tour of
    SKYWALKER RANCH!!!! For those of you who know anything about the Star Wars universe, you'll understand how big of a deal this is.

He will also get to visit ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) at the Presidio.

He has NO idea. My sister's boyfriend's brother (whew!) got hired as a graphic artist by Lucas Arts a few months ago, and when his internship was over last month, he was hired permanently! So, they have "access" there now.

He thinks he's going wine tasting. My sister said the ranch is in the middle of nowhere, on the way to Napa, and he'll be convinced up until the part where they get to the security guard booth and are told to "park by the Yoda fountain."

He's gonna flip! I can't wait to hear his reaction when he figures out where he is.
    OMG, he is going to freak out! I hope he writes a review on here when he gets back!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    OMG, he is going to freak out! I hope he writes a review on here when he gets back!
    LOL! Luckily, he's not an Intercotee. If he was, I wouldn't have been able to blab this little secret here.

But, I'll let you all know how it goes. He's going to be a like a kid on Christmas morning!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a good friend who works for ILM, Nat. The Ranch is supposed to be an amazing place. DH is going to be in his glory!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is too cool! I hope he has a GREAT time!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

So do they have horses at this Ranch?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Um, no. But they might have a Speeder bike!

It's the Mecca of Star Wars geeks. It's where George Lucas has all his stuff "headquartered". It's full of original movie props and a Star Wars museum, and a bunch of other cool stuff. It's the home of Lucas Film and Lucas Arts.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it would be a cool place to see. So the only way to see it is if you know somebody on the inside?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    One would expect to find Banthas (it is a little too warm to keep Tauntauns).

Seriously though, there are animals at the ranch (cows and horses) and they also grow grapes for Viandante del Cielo (literally "sky walker" in Italian) which is a wine produced by Francis Ford Coppola's Niebaum-Coppola winery.

The grounds of the ranch are beautiful, and the interior of their research library on the grounds is stunning.

And while there are some neat props in display cases in the main building at Skywalker Ranch, there arguably is more to be seen for the Star Wars fan wandering the halls of the LDAC (Letterman Digital Arts Center at the Presidio).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    And while there are some neat props in display cases in the main building at Skywalker Ranch, there arguably is more to be seen for the Star Wars fan wandering the halls of the LDAC (Letterman Digital Arts Center at the Presidio).
    Luckily for DH, he gets to visit both places! My sister lives very close to the Presidio, and they've gone over there a few times. My DH has seen their pictures and is so jealous.
    Natalie

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Luckily for DH, he gets to visit both places! My sister lives very close to the Presidio, and they've gone over there a few times. My DH has seen their pictures and is so jealous.
    Anyone can visit part of the grounds of the LDAC (and their Yoda fountain outside), and if you ask nicely enough usually the security guards will allow you to come into the lobby of the main building and take pictures (Darth Vader and Boba Fett can be found there).

Especially in the summer it can be pretty funny to see all of the Star Wars themed wedding ceremonies that are held on the grounds.

Also, there are often public screenings run in their theater for various organizations so if you have the chance to catch a screening it is well worth it (the theater is state of the art, and you'll find lots of movie memorabilia like posters of films that were influential to George Lucas outside).

However, some of the special items you have to know someone to get to see, or if you want to enjoy a cup of coffee at the Javva the Hutt cafe, the dining commons (where they'll often feature stuff grown/raised at Skywalker Ranch) or the employee store.

And of course a visit to the Presidio can also include a trip to the Walt Disney Family Museum.

Post Thanks / Like

How awesome for your DH!! Hope he has a great time!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he has a great time. He's going to be so excited! Too bad you can't get video of it.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

That's an awesome surprise! I think he'll enjoy it!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Phew, I thought you were going to say you were having an affair with Chewbacca or something...

Seriously, nice secret. One of my favorite surprises ever was tickets to see the original trilogy at the Wang in Boston for my birthday. I imagine your gift will be even better. Good luck, and have fun!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I am very very very jealous .... but I think WOW what a great surprise for your husband! I hope it is everything you hope it will be and more!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update!!!

So, DH is at the Ranch right now. He's a VERY happy guy!

He just texted me that he just saw John Lasseter!
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: