Quantcast Do you really avoid EMH or just go with them??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you really avoid EMH or just go with them??

I was just mentioning to my DH that I have heard/read that the worst time to go to the parks is during EMh (especially during peak times like June).. How about you guys? Do you avoid going during EMH and go to a different park altogether or do you take advantage of the AM hours?

What are your experiences going to the other parks on the morning that another park is having EMH?? does it really make a difference??

IThanks
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am an annual pass holder. I mostly go to WDW during the value seasons (so crowds are not a big deal) and I usually stay at my family's home (so I am usually not qualified for EMH).

That is why when I do stay on Disney property, I really enjoy morning (I am a morning person) & evening EMH (I usually tire before they are over but I give it a valiant try as a commando style park guest []) - it seems like a privilege for me to attend a EMH.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Avoid them! We always get park hoppers so EMH isn't a big deal. If it is night time EMH, especially the late late ones at MK, we will go for those - but the morning ones don't seem worth it. Now, however, if I weren't park hopping, then I can see the advantages of going. 3.5 weeks to go!!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to enjoy them especially in MK in the evenings. We will be in the park in the morning head back to our resort then around 5:00 head back into the park. After the parade & fireworks all of the small children & strollers are leaving so we can walk around and not wait very long for the rides! In the summer MK is always open very late.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Morning EMH are among the smallest crowds you will ever find. Think about it-- no one is driving onto the property and into the parks. You can knock out an entire park in 1/2 a day by arriving at 8am. Night time is different because the parks are already full and everyone is up and out of bed. They can still be great but its the last hour when they are really empty. But go to the morning EMH if you don't mind getting up early on vacation. It stinks to get up early but its worth it.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We are not morning people so we rarely take advantage of the morning EMH but I did go to the Magic Kingdom until 3 AM last October for a night EMH!

I do miss the E-Ride nights though. Some of the EMH nights are pretty crowded.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning EMHs are greatness! What I've found is that if the morning EMH begins at 8:00am, and if you get there at 8:00am, then you can knock out all of the big "must sees" by 10:00am. We then try to bounce out of the EMH park by 11:00am.

Evening EMHs are not worth it in my opinion because of the high crowd levels, thus we try to avoid the park that is hosting evening EMHs.

Post Thanks / Like

Not very often do we take advantage of the AM EMH's but you can ride the most popular rides before the crowds hit the park, especially MK We do enjoy the evening EMH.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually do the am EMH and get a lot done

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We're morning EMH people, but generally find that the evening ones are just too busy to be worth it.

So, we do the morning EMH, then leave the park when it gets too busy.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Morning EMH is great if you have park hoppers and can go to another park later in the day. By 11:00, the crowds are pretty big.

No park hopper, no morning EMH. I'm not sure about the evening ones, never tried them, except at AK which no longer offers them.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Before I had kids EMH evenings all the time. I didn't mind the crowds. Kind of like it really, . But now that I have kids, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
    23 Trips in 21 Years, Including 5 Disney Cruises, From Chicago
    Hopefully DisneyLAND summer 2014!
    DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

We've taken advantage of evening EMH at EPCOT several times and rather enjoyed ourselves. It didn't seem overly crowded, the temps were comfortable, and it was nice getting to enjoy the sites and scenes of the park after dark. Twice it has happened to be our last night at WDW, so that may have something to do with it - we just didn't want the trip to end. Also, our trips are usually in early January, so crowd levels tend to be lower to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like

Another morning lover. We always recoup in the afternoon.
    Evenings are very busy until the last 2 hours or so. It is cool to be on a roller coaster under the stars, (not so much in the rain).
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

WE love the EMH!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I park hop. I will do morning EMH and change parks. I will enter evening EMH parks after spending time in other parks, once the hour gets later and the crowds start to dwindle (after regular closing time). I do love EMH, I just find that I have to plan and hop around a bit to make the most of them.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We did every morning and evening EMH on our honeymoon last year.

Whether it is worth it to you or not depends on the park.

For Mornings:
    1. MK very worth it. Knocked out fantasyland and into tomorrow land before opening.
    2. AK Hitting the Safari ride then Everest 2 times before 9am was the absolute best.
    3. Epcot, we hit Soarin 2 times mission space 2 times and spaceship earth before 9am.
    4. Studios, we did Tower of Terror 2 times and Rock n roller coaster 2 times as well before opening.

EVENINGS
    MK stay away from it. Crowds are huge, lines are long. There were lines waiting to get into the bathrooms.
    EPCOT, the park is huge so the crowds are dispersed a lot.
    Studios was somewhat crowded. But it was livable.
    Ak, we were only able to do the morning. We cancelled our evening trip to the park.

On average, a park is generally more crowded on the day it has EMH. Everything, everyday is what you make it out to be. My advice is to try it to see if you like it. At night the parks just seem more magical no matter what park you are in.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

ºoº It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i think we'll probably do the morning emh especially for places like MK and especially since we have kids this time.. sounds good that we'll be able to beat the really bad heat and maybe just leave at lunch time for a nap then go back to epcot or something...

don't really plan on doing evening EMH due the fact that i have a 1 year old and i'll be trying to get him to bed at a decent hour.

do they still do the opening ceremony at MK on the AM emh?? i remember someone posting a question about that a long time ago and couldn't remember..
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    don't really plan on doing evening EMH due the fact that i have a 1 year old and i'll be trying to get him to bed at a decent hour.

do they still do the opening ceremony at MK on the AM emh?? i remember someone posting a question about that a long time ago and couldn't remember..
    With young children, I don't think late night EMH's would be worth it...but I do think you will enjoy the morning EMH's. Yes, I believe they do the morning ceremonies when they open for EMH's.

Since my DD is 16...we do the late night EMH's. We have had good success with them and love being in the parks at night with all of the lights. DD rode RnR three times in a row at closing in DHS within like 20 minutes during our last visit..so she loved that. We really enjoyed MK's EMH during our Dec trip...park was practically empty. It was fun riding POTC in a boat by ourselves and HM is pretty scary in the great room with the head when all of the chairs you see are empty! So for us evening EMH's work. Of course, we are not going to WDW during busy times...so I am not sure if we would feel the same way about them if that were the case.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We normally do Morning hours, but having a kids under 10 we usually don't stick around for the evening hours. Though on our next trip because of all we have heard about X-Mas crowds we might try it to get an extra ride or two in.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: