Quantcast Teppan Edo ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Teppan Edo ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppan Edo ?

Are all the tables here around a grill or do you have to request to sit there?
    BE YOURSELF ALWAYS!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You sit around the grill with your very own chef. Lots of fun, and great food, too. I believe the tables seat eight people.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering, since the tables seat 8, and we are a family of 3 ... would they seat other people at our table with us?
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akaDisneyDreamer View Post
    I was wondering, since the tables seat 8, and we are a family of 3 ... would they seat other people at our table with us?
    Yes, they will. On our last trip we were a party of 2, and they seated a family of 6 with us. The time before that we were a party of 6 and they seated a newlywed couple with us.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

How about the food? Is it 'kid' friendly? Or is something like that available (aka chicken tenders...lol).
    And this will sound like a strange question, but is there any background music? Our DS12 has autism and some music can set off a meltdown so just need to be prepared. TIA.
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We were there just last weekend. I don't remember any music.

Hope this helps! We love it there!

Betsy
    Last edited by ElenitaB; 02-08-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Removed link to Allears' menu

Post Thanks / Like

They serve chicken, steak or shrimp, I do not think there is any music, but it is very entertaining, we take grand daughter and she was 5 and 6 each year we went. FYI it can get alittle loud though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    How about the food? Is it 'kid' friendly? Or is something like that available (aka chicken tenders...lol).
    And this will sound like a strange question, but is there any background music? Our DS12 has autism and some music can set off a meltdown so just need to be prepared. TIA.
    The problem for our youngest at Teppan Edo has always been with the heat coming off the table. We are very strategic in how we seat him (on a corner as far from the heat as possible). I have not noticed any out of the ordinary music. Also, the food is all rice and cooked on the table in front of you type meats. I have never seen anything like Chicken Fingers and fries.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    As previous poster mentioned, it does get loud in there since rooms tend to be quite full and more than one cook is working at the same time. Can be cramped quarters at times. Depending on your son, it may all be a bit overwhelming...but you know him best.
    DVC Owner since 2005: SSR
    DVC Owner since 2011: AKV

Post Thanks / Like

We have two boys with autism. The younger (age 13) has problems with loud noises and fire/heat. Two trips ago, we had to put out the candle at our table in San Angel. The waiter tried to relight it and we had to stop him. Then we had a hard time seeing the menus without the light. Poor guy - he didn't know what to do with us.

I only bring this up because the heat might be just as overwhelming as the noise, depending on how your little guy handles these issues.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    The problem for our youngest at Teppan Edo has always been with the heat coming off the table. We are very strategic in how we seat him (on a corner as far from the heat as possible).
    This would be my concern with a special-needs child at Teppan Edo. The chefs play with fire to excite the audience, but I imagine it could upset some autistic children.

I have not seen chicken tenders at Teppan Edo, but you can order plain grilled meat and rice without any sauces.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BandMan View Post
    We have two boys with autism. The younger (age 13) has problems with loud noises and fire/heat. Two trips ago, we had to put out the candle at our table in San Angel. The waiter tried to relight it and we had to stop him. Then we had a hard time seeing the menus without the light. Poor guy - he didn't know what to do with us.

I only bring this up because the heat might be just as overwhelming as the noise, depending on how your little guy handles these issues.
    I was just going to say that the atmosphere is fairly noisy, so anyone affected by overwhelming noise should consider ear protection. I didn't even think of the heat.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

To get an idea of the noise level you could try to do a search on youtube for Teppan Edo.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default menu

not sure if you have gone yet or not, but just so you know. You can call ahead or go online and they can tell you the menu at any of the restaurants. If they do not have something your child will/can eat, as long as it is 24 or 48hr in advance they will bring something in special just for them. All of Disney chefs are extremely helpful!
    We had 1 w/ severe aspergers, anxiety disorder and food allergies, and 1 adhd and aspergers.
    You can also request when you sign in for special seating to help your situation. They really will bend over backwards for the most part to make your experience a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

1) The tables hold eight people.
    . . . they try to fill all the seats
    . . . different families WILL sit together
    2) The can prepare the food kid-friendly.
    3) There is Japanese background music, not too loud.
    4) The ambient (taking, laughing) noise in the room can be loud.
    5) The grilling can be unfriendly to the autistic.
    . . . heat flashes easily felt by diners
    . . . 2-3 foot high flames from the cooking
    . . . fast moving shinny knives being flailed about
    . . . loud clicking of knives and spatulas
    . . . people shouting and clapping at chef stunts
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the last time we went to Teppan Edo, we had a long wait to be seated. We found the waiting area to be VERY busy and quite loud by itself. If you end up having such a wait with a child with autism, the wait itself could be a bit of a problem. I'd try to book at a time that it outside the most crowded dining times.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I must say that since the renovation, this restaurant has become very crowded and noisy (both in the waiting area and in the dining room).

There is a child's menu. In addition to teppan entrees, they also have tempura items like Kid's Tempura Chicken, which is basically a chicken finger/tender served with white rice and a fruit cup.

Post Thanks / Like

I will echo the others here. DH and I were there a few months ago. The waiting area was loud and crowded, and we thought the dining area was louder than it has ever been in the past. We actually stopped talking to each other because we had to yell, and we never actually heard anything our server said, we just nodded a lot. The food was awesome though! And very kid friendly food items. Yes, hot grille that burned the hostess' rubber band and they had to clean it off, and there was fire, again, all in good fun, but you are probably the best judge of your child on those fronts.

Good luck, whichever way it goes for you!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: