Quantcast To those who have recently returned from the "World".. How are the crowd levels?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool To those who have recently returned from the "World".. How are the crowd levels?

Just wondering how the extended Spring Break season has affected crowd levels at each park.
    This is a selfish request, as DW and I will be returning the last week of this month.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm back !!

We were at WDW from 2-28 thru 3-4,,,We usually go in Sept. but this time we spent the "winter" in Fl. Our Kids got us 1-week at WDW for our Retirement Gift, so we ran into the Spring Break crowd. Which Didn't bother us too much since we arrive at the Parks Early, Anyway..But we noticed a difference in the crowd,,but we got to the parks early, and beat everyone else, most of the other Guest got there about the 11:00 o'clock hour, at which time we had our rides in and with no waiting, and that included all the parks, we "hit" all the major rides first, then we followed up with the other Shows We got Fast passes at all the Parks, which really helped,don't worry about the crowds,, YOUR AT DISNEYWORLD. just expect that you aren't the only one there, and just Enjoy it ! !
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

my sister-in-law and her family are there right now. She's been texting me all day - spent today at HS and said the crowds were very manageable. Said there are a lot of people around, but that the lines were moving quickly. This is our Spring Break week here in the Midwest.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I spent today in the MK and up until about 2pm, crowds were manageable...after that, many waits were up to 60+minutes. I arrived at rope drop and had experienced nearly all of what I wanted to do by 10am. Sat, had some coffee, then continued touring. I left about 3pm, but had friends that stayed...they said by the time they left around 5pm it was pretty crowded. Keep in mind that today is evening EMH,though.

Heading to DHS tomorrow, so hope things are a little lighter there.
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is they extended park hours by one hour last night at the MK.

We were in Epcot yesterday. It was moderately heavy I'd say. Midday we waited 15 mins for Spaceship Earth, 20 for Maelstrom, 10 for Gran Fiesta Tour. Had no problem getting an ADR at Biergarten though, and walk up stands for drinks were easy access.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eric! I don't have an answer for your question but I wanted to wish you and your wife a great time!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived on Fri. On Sat. we went to the MK and the crowds weren't too bad. Yesterday we were at Epcot and the crowds were very manageable. We have been following Touring Plans best park/worst park schedule and it seems to be working ok. Yesterday Hollywood Studios had EMH and some cheerleading competition plus it had 2 Fantasmics last evening. I understand it was very crowded. With Easter falling so late this year and it seems Spring Breaks are scattered, you should have a pretty good chance of not having the huge crowds. The weather has been just about perfect. Hope you have a great time!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks everyone! We appreciate the info, our trip is getting closer and we can't wait to get away as it's been quite stressful for us the past few months. A little time in Disney World is just what we need.
    Hey Kathy! Thanks for the sentiments!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

we arrive late tomorrow night & will hit the parks Wed. hope they are not too bad. probly gonna follow Touring plans which parks are best also
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd update...I was at AK fir about 3 hours this morning, and crowds were manageable. No line for the 10:30 Nemo show, and when i rode dinosaur (had fastpass) the standby time was 20 minutes.

Overall crowds this week have been heavy, but not horrible. We go back to our house during the warmer afternoon hours, then head out again to a park in the evening..and it's worked pretty well or us. The exception may have been last night...we wanted to see the 9pm MSEP. We left our house at about 7pm and what is usually about 45 minutes to main street turned into about 90 minutes. We missed the parade, but were able to experience a few other things while the fireworks were happening.
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks everyone! It looks like it will be especially important to arrive early this trip. We have downloaded one of the "Lines" apps for our phones and it has been showing line wait times much longer than I was anticipating. Either way, we plan on having a great time watching softball and enjoying the parks. Thanks again.
    Eric
    Resorts:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: