Quantcast Online checkin?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Online checkin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online checkin?

Are the resorts still using online checkin?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are. Go to the My Reservations section of the WDW official site and you can check-in online 10 days before your actual arrival.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

it really does help. Saves time.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, used it in January. Seemed to save us lots of check in time and no lines.
    Dahling!

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arm00leg View Post
    Yep, used it in January. Seemed to save us lots of check in time and no lines.
    Can you explain to me how this works exactly? I haven not used online check in yet. And believe it or not, this is one area of WDW I am vastly unfamiliar with.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

You go to the Disney site and click on the link to do the online check in. You fill in your information and you're good to go. When you get to your resort, there's an online check in line, and you go there. The cast member will give you your packet with your cards, and if your room isn't ready at that time, you can ask them to send you a text when it is ready, and they'll give you your room number then.

Post Thanks / Like

How does it work when you need to request connecting rooms?
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamaDisneyFan View Post
    How does it work when you need to request connecting rooms?
    IMO- My suggestion would be to call ahead and make that request. We did this past summer at POR. Eventhough I checked in online and my sister in law did not, we were given connecting rooms. The funny thing was that her room was ready prior to ours by about a half hour, but we were able to get our cards and eat sooner. In the end, it all worked out, but linking your reservations is the way to go!

K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if checking in on-line affects your chances of getting a free room upgrade?
    Thanks
    "All it takes is faith and trust. But the thing that's a positive must,is a little bit of pixie dust. The dust is a positive must."

10/90 - Disney Inn
    4/97 - Poly
    1/02 - Poly (Got engaged!)
    10/02 - Contemporary & GF (Honeymoon)
    5/05 - Poly
    4/08 - Poly
    5/08 - CSR
    10/11-AKL(DD's 1st trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it does. From my understanding it is up to room availabilty at check in.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finaldynasty View Post
    but linking your reservations is the way to go!
    Thanks! We did link our reservations when we first reserved. I will give them a call just to make sure we are still linked. We have 9 days left till we arrive at Disney!!
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anneo View Post
    You go to the Disney site and click on the link to do the online check in. You fill in your information and you're good to go. When you get to your resort, there's an online check in line, and you go there. The cast member will give you your packet with your cards, and if your room isn't ready at that time, you can ask them to send you a text when it is ready, and they'll give you your room number then.
    Thank you for that. I figured it was something like this, just wasn't too sure exactly.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

We actually received an email from Disney with the link for online check in. Follow that link and you will be asked for reservation number and other info, if I remember correctly there was a place for special requests but I might be mixing that up with Magical Journeys information requests. There are cast members in the lobby (at BC) who will show you to the online check in desk and it was just a few questions and we were handed out envelope with all our goodies. We were lucky, our room was already for us.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no complaints with online check=in. Gets me started to the parks that much quicker
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished checking us in for March 1. It was quick and easy and it looks like a time saver. We'll see how quick it is on Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how online check-in works when staying on Club Level? We usually sit down with a Regatta Club CM at YC when we check-in. Would we still get to do that? Also, do you think it actually helps with room requests? Thanks!
    Dixie Landings - 22 Visits
    WL - 16 Visits & Wedding Ceremony!
    AKLodge - 1 Visit
    PO - 1 Visit
    Poly - 1 Visit
    YC - 25 Visits
    BC - 3 Visits
    DTD Hilton - 1 Visit
    Off Site - 3 Visits & Counting...
    Grand Cali - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from WL and used online check-in for the first time. When booking, we had linked our reservation to my brother's and requested adjoining rooms.
    We arrived around 2pm; there was no line for online check-in and we quickly learned that our rooms were available, and that we had been upgraded to pool view (very nice). But the rooms were not adjoining, just separated by one other room in-between. We decided it was ok and did not try to change it and risk losing the upgrade.

We are going back to BC this month (only one room this time) and I will definitely use online check-in again.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: